HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 10:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350412
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 8
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 14726 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #820 on: October 19, 2019, 01:01:46 PM »
Yarlaganda

is relieved to see that Murdus is still alive... and so is Gamesh.

He says nothing in reply to Hammi-ebal, preferring to let the more diplomatic soldiers take the lead while he stands with his spear and glowers.

He does attempt to re-establish contact with his camel, though. Gamesh. What are these men about? Friend or foe?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #821 on: October 19, 2019, 08:35:59 PM »
Klumenos

Seeing that Murdus is in no immanent danger, the Minoan lets his shield droop and almost leans on his spear, in the fashion of a soldier at rest.  He listens to the conversation and studies the man with the folded arms, who is obviously the leader.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2019, 04:36:24 AM »
Yarlaganda senses the animal’s relief upon seeing him.

The light-haired one is an idiot,” Gamesh communicates to him.  “More than most of you humans.  The other two?  Not so much, but that remains to be seen.  The sarcastic one fed us, if it matters.  And their leader rubbed my head, but he doesn't know how to do it right.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 04:39:55 AM by Enheduanna »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2019, 11:41:02 AM »
Yarlaganda

is likewise relieved to see Gamesh, alive and unhurt. He gets the idea that these strangers may not bear ill-will, though it would be foolish to trust them.

He lowers his spear non-threateningly, and walks calmly past them, to rub Gamesh’s head. “My thanks for feeding the animals,” he says, looking directly at the sarcastic one.

Did you spit on them? he asks Gamesh. Do I owe them any apologies?

Nice to see you too, the camel snorts.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2019, 07:40:59 AM »
Hammi-ebal begins to interrogate the party about the battlefield, and the disaster that befell the village.  He's also curious about the (now-human) bodies of the were-jackals you killed.

How much do you share with him?  He seems in a hurry to leave, and says as much.  Whatever happened here, he needs to report back everything he can to Nannar's mercenaries.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #825 on: October 27, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »
Murdus

Gives a quick bow. "Indeed. I am Murdus. I am a scholar and herbalist in the occasional employ of Nannar, or rather he sponsors my research... and I sometimes travel to gather information towards that end. These..."

He indicates the others.. "are my companions and friends in this task. Finding that my journey, past close to my destination... we agreed to pass on a message to this location, where unfortunately we came upon this battlefield..."

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #826 on: October 27, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »
Lahwi-addu

Does the Amorite paladin know who this Nannar is?

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #827 on: October 28, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Yarlaganda

will leave the diplomacy to those qualified to do it. “I am going to keep watch,” he says to Lahwi-addu and Klumenos.

He’ll lead Gamesh outside, and leave the camel by the door. Wait here. I’m going on the roof to have a look around.

The Gutian will climb the stairs and keep watch while the others talk.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #828 on: October 30, 2019, 02:56:46 AM »
Hammi-ebal rubs his stubble and relaxes further.  “I don’t suppose you have any idea what happened here?  Or if it could happen again?”

Does the Amorite paladin know who this Nannar is?
I’ll leave that to you, unless you just want to roll Babylonia Region Lore for it.  Nannar is one of Murdus’s contacts, but you could have heard of him from living in Babylon.

When the Gutian gets to the roof and looks around, he sees that the sun is sitting on the horizon.

While Yarlaganda is on the roof, Nur-ili will walk outside.  Indattu sticks around, but begins to slowly move toward the darkest corner of the room.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #829 on: October 31, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »
Klumenos

The Minoan smiles as he sees Indattu slowly position himself, for what he does best.  However, he does not move his position or stance; he just continues to watch the interaction between the mercenaries and Murdus play out.  At the same time he marvels that the absent minded and bookish Murdus even knows a mercenary captain--maybe its his brother.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #830 on: October 31, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »
Murdus

Somewhat relieved to see some of his friends... he turns back to the mercenary. "My knowledge of the events is not complete as I did not witness them, though I would surmise that a malign spirit came over those involved... and the combatants fought without care and in a bestial fashion... though when we arrived we had little time to investigate further, being set upon by a pack of dogs, who I assume were feasting on the fallen. Being few of number we took defensive positions near a bridge, where we have been hiding and recovering since.."

He idly waves his hand in the bridge's rough direction.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #831 on: October 31, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Klumenos

Again the Minoan smiles, Well at least he didn't spill the beans, nothing he said was a lie, but he saw fit to leave out anything too meaningful, maybe there is hope for us yet.  Kluemenos continues to gauge the mercenaries response from the location and postion  that the assumed initially.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #832 on: November 01, 2019, 12:32:36 PM »
Yarlaganda

Up on the roof, Yarlaganda observes the astrologer. He calls down to him.

“Star man. Are you going to read the skies? The view may be better from up here.”

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #833 on: November 02, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
“A malign spirit!” Kinziya interjects.  “Just one did all that!”  Ahi-ummišu slaps the back of the Hurrian’s head to remind him to be quiet.

Hammi-ebal looks grim.  “Interesting.  So none of you were here when it happened?  You only came upon it like we did.  I’ll be frank with you, we need to get back to Nannar.  We don’t want him to lead a bunch of our brothers onto that slaughter field if there’s demons and illness are about.  He’ll have to hire a cadre of priests from the Temple of Šamaš, and they’re not cheap.  I wish we could let the king’s council know about it, but we can’t do that until Nannar comes here, since if he reports back now, Sîn-bēl-alpim will find out that he’s being less-than-enthusiastic about the task assigned to him.”

— —

The astrologer is startled by Yarlaganda’s words; he visibly “jumps.”  After a moment where he awkwardly hesitates, he hurries into the house and out onto the roof.  When he arrives, he seems afraid to meet the Gutian’s eye.

“I’ll see what I can find out when the stars come out,” he says.  Then he adds, “I was thinking about running, you know.  But I don’t need to take an oracle to realize I wouldn’t get very far.  Whatever happens, it’s nice to have the sky above me.”

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #834 on: November 02, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »
Yarlaganda

laughs heartily and claps the astrologer on the back. “Now that I can understand. Men were not meant to skulk about in caves or under roofs.” He breathes deeply. “It is good to stand under Father Sky.”

He pauses, thinking.  He continues in a milder tone. “But why would you run? Your fate is written in the stars, yes? Where can you run? Can you hide from the stars?”

He asks it seriously, not rhetorically. The Gutian knows that there is much he does not know.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #835 on: November 03, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »
Murdus

"In this I would concur... to stay here achieves nothing. Though I suspect this malign influence has moved on.. though to where and for what purpose I know not. Perhaps accompanying you when you report back on this situation would be in all our best interests?"

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #836 on: November 03, 2019, 12:12:17 PM »
Lahwi-Addu

The Amorite concurs with this course of action, nodding to Murdus.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #837 on: November 04, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »
Klumenos

"Let me find the others if we are to depart." says the Minoan and head up the stairs. 

Once on the roof he will speak in a soft voice, "What will happen if the seal/plug is not returned to the tub?" he asks.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #838 on: November 05, 2019, 05:34:52 AM »
Responding to Yarlaganda, the astrologer says, "No man can escape dying, but sometimes a careful man can hide from that evil god for a little while."

-- --

Hammi-ebal narrows his eyes, "Yes, you can come with us, if you can keep up.  We move fast, and I'd like to report our findings and conclusions as soon as possible, so that Nannar's men don't come to this place unaware."

-- --

Klumenos catches the astrologer having a conversation with the Gutian.  The astrologer responds to his question promptly.  "The tub continues belching its plague, and the Nergal cultists can deploy it as a weapon wherever they will."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #839 on: November 05, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Yarlaganda

grunts at the astrologer’s reply. He has never considered hiding from his fate, and finds the idea thought-provoking.

He says nothing as the astrologer and Klumenos talk, but returns to watching out for danger.

Advertisement