HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 11:01:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350815
  • Total Topics: 7463
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 15160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #840 on: November 05, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »
Klumenos


Looking puzzled he asks, "But how is it that the Nergal cultists are not overcome by the belching of this thing?"  The to both, "Have you spotted any sign of this Nannar's mercenaries?"

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #841 on: November 06, 2019, 03:53:49 AM »
Klumenos
 "Have you spotted any sign of this Nannar's mercenaries?"

Yarlaganda

shakes his head, slowly, ponderously. “Nay, I think not, brother. I did not study the ground as I should have, as I ran here. I was afraid the Wise One had done something unwise.”

He looks at the fading sun. “It will soon be too dark to study sign, but I can try. Would that help the deliberations?”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #842 on: November 06, 2019, 05:11:49 AM »
Klumenos


The Minoan frowns and says, "I had hoped to be following the tub north by now.  Moreover, I had hoped to be past this village by now.  I agree that if the Wise One chooses to follow these mercenaries he is being unwise.  Even if he knows them and can enlist them to the "cause" we will be hindered by their presence.  There is great power in a few skilled persons dedicated to a single mission, and that can succeed where many may not.  Either way we need to seal the tub before we move on."

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1084
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #843 on: November 08, 2019, 04:46:44 AM »
Responding to Klumenos’s question, Nur-ili says, “Some of them, like the priests or those jackal-monks, have magical ways of being immune to it.  For their regular foot soldiers, they chew the herb, nēhtum — it’s how I managed to avoid the plague’s effects back when I opened it.”

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #844 on: November 08, 2019, 04:50:46 PM »
Lahwi-addu

The Amorite advanced a step and asked "Could you please point us to where we can obtain this herb, nēhtum? And if not, could you sell us some of yours?"

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1084
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #845 on: November 11, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »
Lahwi-addu

The Amorite advanced a step and asked "Could you please point us to where we can obtain this herb, nēhtum? And if not, could you sell us some of yours?"
The astrologer smiles, but the paladin notices that he backs up a step.  “I only have enough for me, I’m afraid.  But it’s pretty common in watered areas.  Your merchant seems to have a talent for finding herbs, why don’t you check with him?”

— —
Down in the house, the three scouts of Nannar make ready to leave.  “Time to decide,” Hammi-ebal calls so that the group on the roof can hear him.  “We’re heading out.  Are you coming with us, or do we part ways here?”

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6575
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2019, 09:24:21 AM »
Lahwi-addu

The Amorite turns to his companions and says, "I think it would be more prudent for us to search for the herb nēhtum before we carry on."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2019, 04:42:10 PM »
Klumenos


Klumenos says, "Agreed."  then turns to Yarlaganda and asks, "Could you make sure that Murdus does not run-off again.  We will need him to help wit the herb hunt."  then in a quieter voice he adds, "And I am not sure we need to be throwing our lot in the mercenaries just yet."

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #848 on: November 12, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »
Klumenos
 "Could you make sure that Murdus does not run-off again."

Yarlaganda

winces at the question, as if rebuked. He knows there is no malice in the Minoan, but it bothers him that the Wise One snuck away from him so easily, earlier. His “flock” was small and relatively dependable, and yet he still lost track of the most wayward member... only for a moment. But a moment too long. He is right. I must be more vigilant.

He nods, looking at his feet. “I will keep a closer eye on him.”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #849 on: November 13, 2019, 02:54:35 AM »
Klumenos


The Minoan develops a sheepish look as if he knows he failed a diplomacy roll and after a bit of reddening in the face he says, "Oh, I did not mean it was your duty to watch him, it just seemed that he tends to listen to you--ereh well, maybe listens to you more than most."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9542
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #850 on: November 13, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
Murdus

In response to Hammi-ebal...

"Indeed, my old bones may not be as capable as your men. I feel I'd only delay your progress. However, it may be that I can impart some knowledge to you, now, that may prove some use... this way, I would not delay you... and you have something of import to report... I'm sure amidst your ranks Nannar, has healers, does he not? Tell them to seek the herb Nehtum... it calms the imbiber and may well prove effective on warding the effects of this malign spirit... oh, and please pass my best regards to your leader."

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1084
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #851 on: November 14, 2019, 04:55:44 AM »
Hammi-ebal shakes Murdus’s hand.  “After the battlefield, I thought if we found anyone alive here, they would be hostile.  But I’m glad I was proven wrong.  I’ll speak to Nannar immediately when I return to him of this meeting, and share with him your words about the herb.  Perhaps some god favors us this day?”

He summons his two companions to leave.  You overhear the young Hurrian saying to the third soldier, Ahi-ummīšu, “I think we could’ve taken them.”  This earns him a slap on the back of his head.

The Elamite appears from the shadows as they exit the house.  He’s eating from a handful of nuts he seems to have found in the house.  “Heh, I wouldn’t have even broken a sweat...”  He walks off.

As soon as the three mercenaries cross the little bridge, all three break into a jog.  The sun is setting.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #852 on: November 14, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
Yarlaganda

chuckles good-naturedly at Klumenos. “No offense taken, friend. Some of my clan are shepherds of goats and sheep. But Gutians with my... gifts... are expected to shepherd...” here he glances downstairs to where Murdus can be heard, “well, the Desert has sent me a two-legged goat,” he finishes quietly, with a chuckle. “He listens only to the voices in his head, I fear, but they are often wise beyond my understanding. So I follow him, and try to keep him safe.”

He watches the mercenaries shuffle off past the bridge. He calls down: “Do we camp here tonight? Or shall we move out if the city? I think we may yet have light enough.”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #853 on: November 15, 2019, 03:27:29 AM »
Klumenos


"I cannot overstate my desire to be away from this place--but I also do not relish the thought of foregoing the walls of a building for the night, with the Dogmen searching for us near this town.  I would suggest that we spend any light we have left to look for the herb that may save us from the effects of the tub today and then leave at first light tomorrow.  The wet fields between us and the bridge, sounds like the perfect habitat." says Klumenos to Yarlaganda, Lahwi-addu and Nir-ili.  Then to Nur-ili adds, "I am sure you could help us hunt of the herb, right?"

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1084
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #854 on: November 18, 2019, 06:07:27 AM »
“I’ll do my best,” the astrologer replies, “But most of my training is related to looking up at the sky, not down at the ground.  Anyway, I suspect Yarlaganda’s ‘two-legged goat’ will out-do all of us.”

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #855 on: November 18, 2019, 10:58:33 PM »
Yarlaganda

watches the fading light with concern.  “I think it is too late to gather the herb, and make it away from this city. I suggest we gather the herb while we have light, and then return here. Then we may camp in this house for the night... I will see if the Desert will bless us with a guardian at the door.”

He looks at the others. “But it is just a suggestion. What do you think?”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #856 on: November 19, 2019, 01:26:19 AM »
Klumenos


The Minoan say, "I agree whole-heartedly.  I feel that, until we can put some distance between us and this village, the buildings here are our best defense.  I also agree that finding that herb is an imperative  and the sooner the better."  Then he heads down the stairs to find Murdus.  When he does he says, "The astrologer has shared that the herb nēhtum prevents the effects of that poisonous tub.  He says it is common in watered areas.  Do you have any knowledge of this herb?  I am thinking that we could search the fields to the west for it, but I have no idea what to look for."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9542
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #857 on: November 19, 2019, 10:49:39 AM »
Murdus

Appears a little confused. "So we are staying here?  I understand your reticence to return.. to wherever, but has a decision been made as to what should be done? Gather this Herb? And then what? I'm afraid, well, that... I'm afraid, that's all. It does see that we've gotten ourselves into a situation, that perhaps is, for me, at least, well outside my comprehension and, or my ability to solve, at least without powers that I fear I lack... I agree, that to seek a herb, that prevents being overcome by the effects of this tub is advisable... but what about the greater powers that seek this thing? I feel we might need a little more help..." 

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #858 on: November 19, 2019, 09:24:57 PM »
Yarlaganda

never really knows what’s going on with the civilized folk, their scribblings, legends, and lore. But he watches the sun sink lower with dismay. Any action, even a misguided one, is often better than inaction.

“Er, well said, Wise One,” he says. “But perhaps we should deal with one problem at a time? We are all agreed that we need this herb, yes? Let us make haste to gather as much as we can. Then, at least, we will be protected from the... er... tub. And then we can sort out how to deal with the other threats.”

He starts towards the door. “But if we lose the light and have no herb, we will have not solved any of our problems. Let us go, shall we?” He looks at the astrologer. “Star-man. You will stay near to me.” It’s not a question. If he runs... our numbers are even smaller.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3544
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #859 on: November 20, 2019, 02:02:28 AM »
Klumenos


"Well spoken lets move to gather the herbs," he says as he shepherds Murdus toward the door.  Then to Nur-ili, "You made some comment about a 2-legged goat finding more of the herb than the rest of us--what did you mean?"

 

ICE webring