HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 08:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350468
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 7
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 14853 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 12:55:09 AM »
Yarlaganda

likewise wipes his sword, and sheathes it. He checks his fellows for signs of wounds, and seeing none, stoops to pick up Murdus' satchel. He returns it to the animist.

"You dropped this, Wise One," he says, using his tribe's honrific for a respected elder. "I'll check on the others," he says to Lahwi.

He'll go first to the club-man, who was still gasping and gurgling the last time the Gutian checked.

Offline Kantron

• Knight Errant
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 01:30:17 AM »
I say to the rest of our Party:  I could work on some poisons which are painful, deadly, and take a long time to work.  OTOH, there are other ways we can do this [as I slowly clean off my dagger].

Of course if he were to talk...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:33:16 AM by Kantron »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:57 AM »
The swordsman laughs.  “Listen to me,” he says, “Whatever you could do to me, it can’t be any worse than what my employer would do if he found out I gave you information.  He covets information like a miser covets silver.”

Lahwi believes that this man is local.  He speaks Babylon’s dialect of Akkadian perfectly (10 Ranks in Spoken Akkadian) and has none of the dialectical tells that would indicate he was from somewhere else.  He looks either Akkadian or Amorite, and is well-groomed enough that that you believe he’s a free man.

The man watches as Yarlaganda inspects the body of the club-wielding man.  The dying man lies in a gradually expanding pool of dark blood, and he’s stopped moving.  He’s breathing, but would need significant healing to save his life.

The swordsman’s smile fades as he watches the man die.  In a low voice he says, “I can’t tell you what you want to know, not as long as I’m in Babylon.  But I could be persuaded to change my mind, if you could pay me enough silver to get my wife and children out of town, where I can set myself up in one of the villages.”

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2018, 03:06:08 AM »
Yarlaganda

asks the dying man, “Who sent you?” as he searches him. "You fought poorly. But answer me quickly, and I shall see you die with a weapon in your hand." Then, perhaps, your soul will find its way to your ancestors' halls, he thinks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:51:22 AM by Barrow »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »
The dying man doesn't respond, at least not verbally.  At first, you weren't sure that the man was even conscious, but something must have registered in his mind.  His body spasms, and when you move closer, he vomits blood into your face and gives up the ghost.  That certainly could have gone better.

In addition to his AT 10 leather armor and dark clothing, the thug has the club, and a small bag tucked into one of his arm greaves that contains 3 SP worth of silver.  He also has a small figure with him.  The image is of a female goddess.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:17:55 AM by Enheduanna »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 04:15:38 AM »
Yarlaganda

wipes the bloody vomit from his face the best he can, and fights to no retch, himself.  He’ll take the silver and figure, and then move to search the woman.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 04:31:23 AM »
The woman is quite dead.  She also wears leather armor and greaves, which were constructed in the exact same way as her companion's armor.  They must have the same tailor.

She has the spear, and four daggers at her belt.  Yarlaganda should roll Alertness or Observation.

She has two pouches on her belt.  One contains 3 SP worth of silver, and the other a small tablet and three sprigs of a leafy red herb.  Someone with Herb Lore could try to identify this, or you could try to identify it with your Flora Lore skill (a Flora Lore bonus is halved when used to identify herbs).  Note that in either case this maneuver is Routine (+30), for reasons that will be apparent when someone successfully identifies it.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 04:46:34 AM »
Yarlaganda notices nothing more than described above about the woman or her things.  He does not know what the herb is for. 

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 04:49:48 AM »
Yarlaganda

Since nothing seems amiss, he’ll unbuckle her belt and take it. He’ll also grab her silver.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:45 AM »
The little statue of the club-wielding man:

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 06:29:46 AM »
Murdus

"Ah, yes...thank you." he says taking the satchel back and hefting it back across one shoulder.

"Foolish me, I'd be misplacing my own head if I could not be separated from it.." he says with a giggle looking around at the carnage.

"...and that seems quite the possibility around here.."

He looks briefly at the 'hasn't got a sword anymore' man and listens to his conditions.. (About getting his family from town)

"Well, I'm sure that could be a possibility.... it seems your companions fared... badly." He says bending down and recovering the man's sword.

"I've no real need for silver, I can't say the same for my companions, but I appreciate your concern for your family... and well, it appears as even the streets here are a dangerous place... perhaps you'd consider the payment as continued employment for me, as we are travelling to, umm......Somewhere... along a route that an extra sword maybe of use. Your employer whomever they are would soon become aware of the fate of his lackeys....and their failure to achieve their task. Especially if we were let you to go free." He leaves the offer/question hanging as his attention is momentarily drawn away by the looting..

"Oh, herbs..."

==================
Herb Lore.... 190 +30 (routine) = 220...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:50:33 AM by Grinnen Baeritt »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
The swordsman thinks on it for a moment.  "All right," he says, "my name is Abi-eqar" [an Amorite name]. I can meet you at the Ištar Gate.  How soon can we leave?"

Murdus knows the herb instantly.  It's šammu ṣūhim (OB. “Herb of Love-Making”) a common aphrodisiac.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
Yarlaganda

rolls up the belt with the knives, and slings it over his shoulder for now.  He wonders if they might be poisoned, but he’ll look at them more closely, later.”

He tosses the club man’s silver and the statuette down between Indattu and Lahwi. “From your kill,” he explains. He looks at Abi-Eqar skeptically. “We are to trust him now?” he asks Murdus. “Come, let me blood these new daggers on him, and test his loyalty.”

He tries not to think about the implications of the tall woman’s herbs. We took the wrong bandit prisoner, he mopes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:48:24 PM by Barrow »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
You also have the tablet you found with the woman’s herbs.  It has writing on it, but the Gutian is illiterate.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
(Thanks, missed that!)

Yarlaganda

hands the woman’s tablet to Murdus as he eyes the swordsman.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
Murdus

"Leave?"  he replies as he ponders the tablet he is just given. "Oh. yes... leave, that's what we were doing.. leaving" he says looking at the corpses and then back at Abi-eqar.

He starts to leave, then stops.

"at least...before we were interrupted." He then turns to Yarlaganda.

"This man, well, to kill him achieves little.. other than to add to the carnage... I'm not going to question his loyalty.. to either his former master or to his vanquishers.. umm. Us.  His presence with us not only ensures his silence but also retains a possibility of additional information from him in the future."

Looks at the man's sword and the tablet... then comes to a decision. "It's a fair trade..." and gives Yarlaganda the man's sword.

"Keep this... if he acts honourably till the city limits, then it is your choice how to return it to him." he then turns to the captive.

"For the moment, I hope you realise we cannot allow you to go free.. even for a moment. Come with us now."

IF he sounds agreeable:

Turns back to Yarlaganda "I'll tie him to my donkeys reins till we reach the city limits... the donkey's temperament is a burden and its cart enough to shackle I think.." He smiles.

--------------------------------------------
OOC:
If no-none want the herbs, he'll take them.. but not imbibe them.. ;) (put them in a spare belt pouch)
He'll look at the tablet only briefly before putting it in the satchel... he has Written: Akkadain 7

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2018, 06:07:07 PM »
Yarlaganda

scowls as he accepts the sword, but nods. “As you say, Wise One.” To an outsider, the animist might seem vacuous and scatter-brained at times, but the Gutian had seen the man rend strong walls to dust with his engineering magics. There was wisdom there, though it was not always apprent.

He is less forthright about handing over the herbs, however; he keeps about half of them in his palm and returns them to his baggage.

He rolls up the knife belt and also tucks it into his baggage, for later inspection.

“Have you claimed your spoils?” he asks Indattu, gesturing towards the magic-man’s corpse. “He may have gold in his belly.”

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »
"I agree to your terms," Abi-eqar says.  "My family resides in Tuba District near the Šamaš Gate.  You may accompany me there if you want.  If I am to leave, sooner would be better, before my employer comes looking for me.  I will reveal all I know to you once we're outside of the city."

Tuba District is relatively close to you now.  It's on this side of the river, south of the bridge you crossed this morning.  It's an older, less-affluent neighborhood of Babylon, with a mix of residences and shops.  The Šamaš Gate is one of the southern gates out of the city.

The woman's tablet is a love incantation:
Potency, potency, potency! I have made a bed for potency!
What Ištar does for Dumuzi,
What Nannay does for her lover,
What Išara does for her mate,
Let me do for my lover!
Let the flesh of Abi-eqar, son of Awīl-Adad, tingle,
Let his ;) stand erect,
May his ardor not flat, night or day!
By command of the Capable Lady, Ištar, Nannay, Gazbaba, Išara.

Does Murdus choose to read this to his companions?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:14:24 PM by Enheduanna »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »
Murdus

"All is good then it seems..." he then turns to Yarlaganda...

" A small diversion... may serve to further confound... but the herbs... I'd not suggest you take them in haste, especially when aroused by combat, twill simply make you a bigger target my young fellow..." Sniggers...

OOC: But neither spent the time to fully read the tablet or disclose it's contents. ;) He simply wanted to know if he *could* read it..

Offline Kantron

• Knight Errant
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2018, 07:31:51 AM »
To Lawhi: Split the silver in half?

thinks to myself: this arrangement fascinates me.  I will go along with it, for now.

DriveThruRPG.com