HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 11:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350413
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 9
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 14729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 02:04:45 PM »
Murdus
" A small diversion... may serve to further confound... but the herbs... I'd not suggest you take them in haste, especially when aroused by combat, twill simply make you a bigger target my young fellow..." Sniggers...

Yarlaganda

laughs heartily.

He takes his camel’s reins (Some fine help you were, he thinks as he pats the beast, who did not move throughout the combat), and still laughing, starts to lead him towards the Šamaš Gate. He’ll remain vigilant for any more threats.

If no one else does so first, he’ll stop at the magic-man’s corpse and search it as well.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »
The mentalist wears a soft leather breastplate, dark clothing, and a cape without a hood.  Of course, given his rather violent death, all of the clothing is soiled and bloody.  He also wears a charm of protection against the evil eye (+10 RRs v. Essence and Channeling).  You also find a small tablet with one line of writing, and 3SP.

It seems that you're on your way out of town.  Now would be a good time for anyone to take care of any tasks they would like to complete before leaving, like shopping, etc.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9526
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2018, 02:27:54 PM »
OOP:

Murdus, will probably acquire some dried food (Nuts, dried fruit etc) and watered wine (or something similar) from street traders for the journey. Whilst doing so he'll be trying to pick up local hearsay about the route.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
Yarlaganda

will give the tablet to Murdus. He’ll hand the silver to Indattu the Thief, and show him the charm.

“This was on your kill. I will trade you the woman’s  belt of knives for it,” he offers, rummaging through his pack and pulling out the belt for Indattu’s consideration.

(OOC: After any discussion with Indattu, he’ll look for an arms/ armor vendor).

“I have two sets of greaves, and three leather breastplates, all slightly used. And a spear and club. that are in good shape. Also, three cadavers... I will entertain offers on any and all of these items.”

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
Lahwi,

will accept the offer of Indattu. He'll keep an eye on the prisoner and wary ere he runs away.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2018, 04:36:26 AM »
GB:  Unless you really want to, I'm comfortable declaring that the party has sufficient provisions for the journey, of whatever reasonable kind your characters prefer.  At least for right now, you're going to be traveling in civilized areas, where you can re-provision regularly.  Of course, if you head into the desert, or the mountains...:rolleyes: but I'll give you warning of that.

GB hears several rumors as the party passes through the city.  (Whether he remembers them is another matter entirely...)

1.  Ešnunna's generals have sent several large raiding parties into the border areas.  This is unusual, not only for the number of parties sighted, but for how much manpower they must be taking away from the rest of the armed forces.  General opinion is that the enemy city-state is mismanaged, and that it's king is an incompetent pawn of his privy council.
2. Three Elamite ambassadors (and their retinue) entered Babylon two days ago.  The average Babylonian is decidedly anti-Elamite, and public opinion is that they're up to no good.  While several people claim to have seen the envoys or their agents in town, most people trust in the spy network of Sîn-bēl-alpim, Hammu-rapi's "minister of foreigners" to keep them in check.
3. A large white lion has been sighted in the hinterlands with a pride of twenty females and cubs.  An important local diviner (OB. bārûm) has declared that this is a sign of Ištar's favor -- and a sign that the coming campaign season will be a bloody affair.
4. Several travelers who entered the city this morning reported witnessing a very large and disturbing cloud on the eastern horizon yesterday evening.  From the description, you believe this to have been in the direction you'll be traveling.
5. Ahum, son of Sumu-laba, is the latest local celebrity. Last week, his one-eyed jenny gave birth to two twin foals with six eyes between them.  If you see him, you can share in the gods' favor if you buy him a drink.

Barrow:  ;) Making me crack open Gamesmaster Law (ICE 5807), which always makes my day.  (The relevant section begins on p. 96; we'll use the "simple system").  Yarla needs to roll an OE 1d100 and add -4 (-15, No Trading ranks, but your Influence category bonus is 11).  Also, as you're going to be passing through a neighborhood with a lot of shops and individuals who can direct you to interested locals, I'm going to rule that this is an Easy (+20) maneuver.  So give me 1d100 + 16.

You guess that no one will want the bodies.  You could strip them and leave them in the street, and eventually one or the other of the locals would dispose of them, or perhaps their friends and relatives will collect them.

You aren't worried about any kind of local authority, at least not right now.  The modern concept of a police force doesn't exist at this point, and the king would only use the military if there was a serious threat to the whole city.  Instead, crimes are handled as civil matters.  So the family of your dead opponents would have to file a lawsuit against you, but of course, you have a pretty good defense since you weren't the initial aggressors.

Kantron:  Does Indattu accept Yarla's trade offer?  If you do take the daggers, give me an OE 1d100 + your Poison Lore skill bonus + 10 Light Difficulty.

DW:  Your prisoner seems to accept his fate, and allows himself to be led.  As he passes the woman and the man formerly known as "club-wielding", his expression is grim.  You hear him mutter a prayer to Šamaš and his consort Ayya. Abi-eqar will give you directions to his home when you get close to it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:17:10 AM by Enheduanna »

Offline Kantron

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 107
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:18 AM »
Yarlaganda
“Have you claimed your spoils?” he asks Indattu, gesturing towards the magic-man’s corpse. “He may have gold in his belly.”

Gold?

I draw my knife as I proceed to check into the truth of that statement.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9526
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2018, 07:07:08 AM »
Murdus

"I'll be more than willing to help you in any trade negotiations... or appraisals... after all, if we are travelling together...it only makes sense" He mentions to the party in passing.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
Barrow:  Yarla fails to find any purchasers.  Perhaps the local Babylonians are a bit frightened by the Gutian’s stern voice and towering stature?  Maybe you take the scatter-brained Maganite up on his offer to help?  (Murdus’s bonus is 38, +20 for the Easy difficulty for a total bonus of +58).

Kantron:  No gold in there, just the remains of the man’s last meal.  You should really check out those daggers though...

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 10:54:44 PM »
(OOC Maybe it was the bloody vomit still dripping from his hair?  :lol: Yes, he’ll take Murdus up on his offer.)

Yarlaganda

turns to Murdus. “Maybe you’ll have better luck.”

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Initially, Murdus finds an armor merchant who is willing to purchase the items for 75% of their normal price, but Murdus uses his knowledge of the leather and armor markets to talk the man up.  He offers you 100% of their fair market value, and agrees to take the spear and club off of your hands as well.  After all, the campaign season is about to begin.

1 SP Arm Greaves
1 SP Arm Greaves
1.2 SP Leg Greaves
1.2 SP Leg Greaves
1 SP Soft Leather Breastplate
4.5 SP Rigid Leather Breastplate
4.5 SP Rigid Leather Breastplate
2.3 SP Spear
.01 Club
-----------
16.71 SP total.  Good job guys.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »
Yarlaganda

shakes his head in wonder at Murdus’ skill. What did he do differently than I? he wonders, wiping bloody vomit from his brow. The man truly has strong magics.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
Within moments of leaving the armor merchant, Abi-eqar directs the party to a winding, narrow alley.  You have no trouble noticing that he's looking around you, at the corners of buildings, behind carts, and at the rooftops.  He seems nervous.

"My family lives eight ašlātum {480 meters, roughly 1575 feet} into that lane," he says, nodding his head at the alley entrance.  "My wife should be at home, with my middle child and infant daughter.  If we're lucky, my eldest is also there.  We own a small cart, and I can borrow a donkey from my wife’s brother, who lives next door.  It won't take us long to collect our things."

OOC:  How do you play this?  Do you follow him into the alley?  Let him go by himself?  This is a neighborhood of poorer families and small, family-owned businesses.  There are many people and animals around going about their lives.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9526
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »
Murdus

"It would be best if one of us assists with the collection of your family...Perhaps my friend here.." he says glancing towards Yarlaganda.

"But if it won't take long to collect things, you have no need for a cart, you can use mine.. and donkey. It is unnecessary to bother your wife's brother." he says.

"I do not want to tarry long here, the agreement was for safe passage with your immediate family... not all of your bulky possessions, they can be left here in care of your wife's family.. since they live nearby,  who you can contact after we have left the city.."

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2018, 07:53:50 AM »
Abi-eqar sighs and looks up at the tall Gutian.  "All right," he says, "But you're going to take a bit of explaining.  The sooner we get out of here the better."

OOC:  Observation, Alertness, Lie Perception, Sense Ambush -- all of these things are options right now.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
Lahwi

The Amorite will take a short look of the surroundings scratching his short black beard for fleas existant in this neighbourhood (See thread for rolling dice).


Offline Kantron

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 107
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2018, 11:53:24 AM »
Kantron:  No gold in there, just the remains of the man’s last meal.  You should really check out those daggers though...

I do everything I can to identify the daggers.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »
Yarlaganda

nods, but doesn’t speak. He turns to Gamesh and pulls his shield down again. He looks down the alley, at the corners, the people, the windows, the rooftops... watching, listening...

Danger? he asks Gamesh.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
Kantron:  There’s a paste coating the blades of each of the daggers.  You suspect this is poison, but you can’t tell exactly which one right now (Roll = 64, Failure).  Perhaps if you tried again in a couple of hours?  Or alternatively, stabbed someone and watched the effects.

DW and Barrow's Observation:  Both of you scrutinize the area carefully, and you detect no signs of observation or hidden foes.  Lahwi is particularly certain that no one has followed you.

For simplicity’s sake (and to save multiple rolls) I’m going to rule that these Observation rolls are good for the duration of your stop here, unless the scene changes dramatically.

Is Yarla going to escort Abi-eqar the rest of the way?

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2018, 08:26:11 PM »
Is Yarla going to escort Abi-eqar the rest of the way?

Yes. He'll leave his spear behind, sword and shield only.