HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 10:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350412
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 10
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 14725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #800 on: October 07, 2019, 07:08:45 PM »
OOC: Thanks, Enheduanna, Angus McBride beats everything.

IC: The Amorite watches the thief go to the house, and switches to the bow; he put an arrow on the string of his short bow.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #801 on: October 08, 2019, 02:15:36 AM »
Klumenos


Klumenois will also ready his bow to provide cover for the thief; although he assumes that by the time the thief reaches a point where he needs cover, he will be well outside the bows range.  But having it in had will provide at least an initial attack before a foe could respond and once close enough may be able to aid the thief.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2019, 04:18:27 AM »
Yarlaganda cannot see anything.

OOC:  Kantron fell off around March, so I'll go ahead and take the Elamite as an NPC right now.

Indattu Stalks:
Roll 60 + 115 Skill = 175.
Result: Success!

The wily Elamite stalks off, darting across the open ground soundlessly, and moving into the shadows of the house.  You lose him there.  It seems like forever before he appears again, and darts back towards the bridge.

Indattu Returns:
Roll 59 + 115 Skill = 174.
Result: Success!

Hopping lightly into the dry ditch bed, he gives his report.

He'll attempt a Region Lore roll to see if he can make conclusions from their conversation:
Indattu's Conclusions:
Roll 42 + 32 Skill = 74
Result: Failure.

"Three men, soldiers, probably scouts.  All in leather jerkins, and traveling light and on foot, unless they've stashed their gear further on in the village.  They're armed -- two with swords, and one with a hand axe and a dagger.  They also have a dog with them, but he was sleeping the whole time -- looks old and thin.   I can't tell where they're from.  They're drinking beer, and seem to be talking about the battlefield.  They have Gamesh and Murdus's donkey and cart, and are wondering who they belong to."  You catch the hint of the assassin's cruel smile as he adds, "They don't seem particularly watchful."

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »
Yarlaganda

grinds his teeth at the mention of Gamesh, in the clutches of strangers. He nods at Indattu’s cruel smile. “Let us leave one alive for questioning,” he suggests. “Would you like the first kill?” he asks Indattu, by way of respect for the scouting report.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »
Klumenos


Klumenos looks to Yarlagnda and says, "Lacking the stealth of our Eamite friend I fear the dog may alert them to our approach. Can you summon another creature to distract them from the opposite side as we near the house?"

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #805 on: October 08, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »
Yarlaganda

considers Klumenos’ idea. “When I call the Desert’s children, they only come to where I am standing... to where I make the signs on the ground. And they defend only that spot. So I would have to go around to the opposite side myself, and try to call the Desert’s guardian to that spot. He will not attack, but between us we can draw their attention. I am happy to do this, if it will be of help.”

OOC: Enheduanna, that’s my understanding of “Summon Guardian.” If I’m off, please correct me.


Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2019, 03:12:26 AM »
In response to Yarlganda’s question, the assassin just grins.

OOC: Enheduanna, that’s my understanding of “Summon Guardian.” If I’m off, please correct me.
This is correct. The guardian basically stays where you summon it.  If your opponents were smart enough,I guess they could actually just walk around a summoned guardian — giving it a wide berth, of course.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #807 on: October 11, 2019, 03:55:40 AM »
Klumenos


A bit disappointed that his first idea will not work thinks on a Plan B.  After a few minutes he asks the Astrologer, "Is there anything is your spell repertoire that could create silence around us as we approach the house?  Failing that perhaps something to serve as a distraction at the other side of the building?"

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #808 on: October 12, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
Yarlaganda

“I like your original plan. I can circle around to the north and draw their attention. I will find a likely spot, and see if the Desert will send us a guardian, and I will make sure they know I am there. Then you should be able to approach and take them by surprise.” He looks at Lahwi and Klumenos. “But I am no great thinker. If the stargazer can silence our footfalls, or mask our approach, I will be happy to follow that plan.”

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #809 on: October 13, 2019, 06:59:40 AM »
Nur-ili knows the following lists:

Base Lists:  Starlights to Rank 21, Starsense to Rank 6, Way of the Voice to Rank 18.
Closed Mentalism: Mind Mastery to Rank 3
Open Mentalism:  Attack Avoidance to Rank 6

“If you’re looking for a distraction, I have a talent for light spells,” he says confidently.  Then he adds rather meekly, “Although my knowledge outstrips my ability, when it comes to the more difficult spells.  (OOC:  He could cast Starlights — 20. Greater Starbolt, but even with nine rounds of preparation, he would still suffer a -150 to his spellcasting check.  Luckily, if you ever need him for a light show, the lower level spells are usually perfectly capable, and easier for him.)

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9526
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #810 on: October 14, 2019, 06:57:08 AM »
Murdus

Seemingly in his own world, he looks up at the mention of the donkey. "He's still alive...Hmmm."

"These men, could you identify them further, whose army were they from?"

(suspecting that information isn't available and therefore not forthcoming).... "Hadn't we better ask? After all, perhaps they could be of help..."

Makes to move towards were they are...

ooc: Just for a giggle, he'll cast "Cat's Step" first and attempt to get close enough that he can overhear them... using walls and stuff as cover.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #811 on: October 14, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
Yarlaganda

is focused on the discussion with Klumenos and Nur-ili. He is distracted by the idea of an arcane light show and doesn’t notice Murdus’ comments, or notice the healer scramble off right away.

He suddenly looks around... “Where— where did the Wise One go?”

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #812 on: October 16, 2019, 02:54:26 AM »
Murdus casts Animist Base — Nature’s Movement/Senses — Cat’s Step.
(No Roll Necessary, it’s Automatic)

Murdus Stalks:
(OOC:  I’ve never noticed this, but RMFRP seems to imply that Stalking is resolved using the moving maneuver chart, while Hiding is a Static action.  That said, unless there’s an objection, I’m going to use the MM table on RMFRP p. 48 to resolve the stalking action, then use the result as a penalty on the three men’s Alertness checks.)

Roll 9 + 34 Skill +20 Spell +  = 63
Result:  40% on the MM table (Medium Maneuver; they’re not paying attention).  -40 penalty to the soldiers' alertness rolls.

Soldiers' Alertness Checks:
Roll 94 + 13 Skill -40 Murdus’s MM = 67
Result: Failure

Roll 38 + 13 Skill -40 Murdus’s MM = 11
Result: Failure

Roll 32 + 13 Skill -40 Murdus’s MM = 5
Result: Failure

The soldiers have no idea that Murdus has approached.  As he gets closer, he hears:

Voice 1:  “…this is madness, let’s free the beasts and get going.  They can fend for themselves.”
Voice 2:  “I don’t want to cross that battlefield again, especially at night.  Whatever demons…”
Voice 1:  [Interrupting] “It wasn’t demons! They clearly did it to each other!”
Voice 2:  “I don’t care what did it, I don’t want to cross through there after dark.”
Voice 1:  [Amused] "You wanna stay here?"
Voice 3:  [In a calmer, authoritative tone] “Kinziya [a Hurrian name], take another drink to steady yourself.  We’re going back this evening, and either you’re coming with us, or I’ll leave you here and report your cowardice to Nannar.”
[The sound of a man drinking]
Voice: 2:  “I still don’t get why he chose us to scout this out.”
[The sound of drinking resumes]
Voice 3:  “Nannar doesn’t trust Sîn-bēl-alpim, and thinks he’s up to something.”
Voice 1:  “He didn’t want to commit the whole troop to this endeavor.”

Murdus is now against the wall.

Murdus’s Babylonian Region Lore:
Roll 74 + 29 Skill + 30 (Routine Maneuver) = 133
Result:  Success.
Murdus believes that these three men are not only from Babylon, but that they might know a certain mercenary friend of his.  Sîn-bēl-alpim is, of course, Hammu-rapi’s spy master.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:56:39 AM by Enheduanna »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9526
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #813 on: October 16, 2019, 07:39:46 AM »
Murdus

(Whose player can't remember whose side *we* are on... but since Murdus is absent-minded... :) )

He coughs as to get their attention.  "Greetings Friends... I see you show concern for my donkey. Many thanks. I am Murdus, humble architect and hapless traveller. Forgive me for my interruption... I could not help but overhear your mention of Nannar? He is a good friend of mine, perhaps he would be interested in hearing of my recent travels?"

   

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #814 on: October 17, 2019, 03:45:42 AM »
Klumenos


At Yarlaganda's comment on the missing "wise One", he withdraws from his interrogation of the Astrologer's capabilities and looks about.  Not spotting Murdas, he thinks for a moment then goes back under the bridge and looks into the pit leading to the underworld.  As he does he recalls the storm approaching the ziggurat.  He checks the pit, but sees nothing.  Upon slipping out from under the bridge, he says, "I just recalled that there was an evil looking storm headed for the ziggurat as we left.  I would like to be as far from the pit under the bridge as possible should it exit.  Lets make for the house and take our chances on being spotted.  Don't get me wrong, we should try to be as stealthy as possible.  But that storm scares me, for some reason it makes me think of what was released and the battlefield over that rise."

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #815 on: October 17, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »
Yarlaganda

feels his stomach drop. "Do you think the Wise One went back through the portal!?" he asks, looking back under the bridge. The man is like a lost sheep, he will not last long on his own...

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #816 on: October 17, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
Klumenos


"I looked down into the portal and did not see him, but wanted to make sure."

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3360
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
Yarlaganda

nods at Klumenos. “Good. I thank you. He is... difficult to keep track of sometimes.”

Then he notices Murdus, just as the healer slips into the house. His stomach falls further.

“By the gods! I’ve found him...” he says. He bolts out of the trench towards the house, with no concern of secrecy. He holds his spear at the ready.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3498
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #818 on: October 18, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
Klumenos


Silently curses the other the for running off, but is grateful that they at least went the right direction.  Then he turns to the paladin, assassin and astrologer and says, "I suppose we should join them.  Hopefully the big guy and his camel can keep them alive until we get there."  with shield and spear at the ready he jogs toward the house.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1074
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #819 on: October 19, 2019, 06:35:56 AM »
When Murdus makes himself known, the soldiers react instantly.  Two of them are standing between the animist and a third soldier, who is perched atop Murdus’s wagon, drinking from a waterskin.

The two standing soldiers place their hands ready on their sword hilts, but don’t draw them.  The third is startled, and falls off the wagon.  He hops up and draws a long dagger from his belt and seems as if he’s going to start towards Murdus, when one of the soldiers puts out an arm to stop him.  You notice a handaxe at the dagger-wielding man’s belt, and that he has a foreign-look about him.

“So he’s yours?” asks one of the soldiers identifying the donkey, removing his hand from his sword hilt.  “And the other animal and cart?”  You identify his voice as the calm and commanding one you heard earlier.

The third man is still making an effort to come forward, but the other soldier pushes him back.  “Give it up Kinziya; what do you think he’s going to do, haggle you to death?”
 
Kinziya is clearly embarrassed by this.  He turns red and lowers his weapon.

“I am Hammi-ebal,” the calm solider continues.  “This is Ahi-ummišu, and Kinziya.  Nannar’s our boss.  You don't look like a fighting man.  How do you know him, and why are you here?”

Hammi-ebal barely finishes this last question when the one-eyed Gutian comes into view, with Klumenos and the rest of the group close behind.  Now Ahi-ummīšu does draw his sword, and seems as if he’s going to place his back against the cart.

Kinziya struggles to free his handaxe, “They don’t look like no traders!” he stammers.

“Hold!” Hammi-ebal shouts to his fellows.  It’s the first time he looses his cool, but it quickly returns.  He makes no move for his weapon, and instead crosses his arms over his chest.  “Can you answer my question?”  His eyes are scrutinizing every inch of the party, and you get the sense he's taking your measure.

Indattu-Inšušinak is now behind Klumenos and Yarlaganda at the door.  If they look at him, they’ll notice that his dagger is in his hand, and he seems ready to do what he does best.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:39:04 AM by Enheduanna »

 

Advertisement