HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 05:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 348740
  • Total Topics: 7443
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: The Seafoam  (Read 8482 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2019, 04:10:47 AM »
2:51
     Keptico arrives in time to see Coenwulf destroy the undead skeleton of a feral cat. They are in some sort of tunnel. There is writing on the wall. "Welcome to the Caves of Avarice. Inside are salt mines. Have a magic staff, my sword works fine." He then hands Keptico a simple wooden staff (+10 magic).

OOC:

     The salt mines lead to a door. Behind the door is a cave. After Keptico and Coenwulf enter, they find a lever to operate. Then undead attack through the doorway. Each round one skeleton will attack Coenwulf who will whack at them to keep the numbers under control. Six rounds per minute and nine or ten minutes to go means (roughly) sixty rounds of combat to survive.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6520
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2019, 11:18:01 PM »
Keptico

readied his staff to destroy any undead cats that passed through Coenwulf. "Let's get them, Coenwulf!" he said.

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2019, 04:33:03 AM »
     Coenwulf and Keptico rush into a cave with more writing on the wall. Cold flames flicker from torches on the wall. Red light illuminates the cave with a child's blanket and a few pieces of red stone. The warrior chuckles as he reads aloud, "The miser's greatest treasure, beyond all avarice, is his own life. I wonder who writes these things."

OOC:
     Lantar would recognize this cave from earlier, were he present.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1710
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
Lantar
paddles and prays:
"Lucia, this is your realm.
Please help me to fulfill this task in time.
Not for me but for the one who find your grace,
the one who wear your amulet
and the other innocent.

Don't let me fail them,
for that mercy I would pay any prize."

OCC:
So it is good that Lantar isn't there, he would be "unable to act" in any way.

edit: Typo
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:14:34 PM by Dax »

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »
     Lantar can easily swim out, he has a flotation device to aid him. This takes a minute or so.

2:56

     The surface of the water retains its mirror-like sheen. As it darkens, Lantar sees less of the sky and more of his own features against the blackness where sky once was. Lantar realizes he cannot see anything below the surface. He has no idea where the lever is beyond a vague hope that it lies somewhere below the surface.

     What does Lantar do?

OOC:

     I will roll 30 rounds of combat for Keptico and Coenwulf elsewhere.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »
Skeletal Cats
Rolled 1d100+10 : 92 + 10, total 102
Rolled 1d100+10 : 39 + 10, total 49
Rolled 1d100+10 : 34 + 10, total 44
Rolled 1d100+10 : 45 + 10, total 55
Rolled 1d100+10 : 14 + 10, total 24
Rolled 1d100+10 : 97 + 10, total 107
Rolled 1d100+10 : 81 + 10, total 91
Rolled 1d100+10 : 9 + 10, total 19
Rolled 1d100+10 : 4 + 10, total 14
Rolled 1d100+10 : 97 + 10, total 107
Rolled 1d100+10 : 10 + 10, total 20
Rolled 1d100+10 : 9 + 10, total 19
Rolled 1d100+10 : 90 + 10, total 100
Rolled 1d100+10 : 25 + 10, total 35
Rolled 1d100+10 : 38 + 10, total 48
Rolled 1d100+25 : 64 + 25, total 89
Rolled 1d100+25 : 46 + 25, total 71
Rolled 1d100+25 : 86 + 25, total 111
Rolled 1d100+25 : 96 + 25, total 121
Rolled 1d100+25 : 66 + 25, total 91
Rolled 1d100+25 : 99 + 25, total 124
Rolled 1d100+25 : 30 + 25, total 55
Rolled 1d100+25 : 37 + 25, total 62
Rolled 1d100+25 : 45 + 25, total 70
Rolled 1d100+25 : 67 + 25, total 92
Rolled 1d100+25 : 90 + 25, total 115
Rolled 1d100+25 : 50 + 25, total 75
Rolled 1d100+25 : 100 + 25, total 125
Rolled 1d100+25 : 47 + 25, total 72
Rolled 1d100+25 : 10 + 25, total 35


"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
The first 15 were skeletal cats, with two open ended rolls. The next fifteen were full sized skeletons with three more open ended rolls. I will place the open ended rolls below, cats first.

Rolled 1d100 : 23, total 23
Rolled 1d100 : 6, total 6
Rolled 1d100 : 83, total 83
Rolled 1d100 : 65, total 65
Rolled 1d100 : 29, total 29
Rolled 1d100 : 35, total 35

"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »
     After a skeletal cat breaks through his static defenses, Coenwulf begins to parry. This reduces the effect of additional attacks, but the animals wear him down for 14 HP of damage. A few minutes later, skeletal humans with clubs begin their advance.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2019, 07:58:44 PM »
2:56

      Coenwulf takes a pair of krush criticals from the human skeletons with clubs. He does not look well, and now has to full parry to protect his injuries. He yells, "Pull that damned lever!"

     Keptico notices that Coenwulf is well below half his hit points, and probably has fractured ribs.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6520
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2019, 06:17:40 AM »
Keptico

darted for the lever and pulled it!

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1710
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »
Lantar

holds his breath, dives and searches for the lever to pull.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3236
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »
Anticus

Anticus tries to glimpse the sky from his position at the lever.  If the light is gone he will pull the lever.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1710
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »
Lantar

In search of the lever Lantar even doesn't care to get in touch with the mercury.

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »
Lantar: searching round 31

Rolled 1d100-3 : 74 - 3, total 71

"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2019, 09:29:58 PM »
Skeleton attacking Coenwulf

Rolled 1d100+5 : 70 + 5, total 75
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
     Lantar searches around to no effect.

     Coenwulf goes to full parry to protect himself. Keptico pulls the lever and hears a heavy, grinding sound.

     Anticus pushes a lever and hears a whoosh. It seems as if the volcano is "inhaling". In any event, the pressure builds in the vent below.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3236
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2019, 10:30:22 PM »
Anticus


Anticus will maintain his hold on the lever, for the moment.  If he hears sounds from the volcano that more resemble an exhale he will consider heading for the mouth of the c ave and then right and up if possible.  But being instantly cooked by a volcano may be preferable to being devoured by demons.  He weighs this choice while he waits.



edit text size
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:56:07 AM by Just X »

Offline rafmeister

  • Moderator
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 5451
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2019, 10:47:59 PM »
     Keptico notices that Coenwulf is wounded (17 hp remaining).
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6520
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #378 on: January 16, 2019, 02:23:51 PM »
Keptico

will fight the skeleton as well. Then, he'll cast a spell of healing on Coenwulf or apply First Aid.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1710
Re: The Seafoam
« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2019, 12:59:39 PM »
Lantar

keeps on searching.

The Captain wrote something about a raft, but maybe just to cross this pond ...

He would look around when he surfaces for another breath.
_____
Is there a place only reachable by crossing the pool?
Is there somewhere a structure?
Perception Sight +22
Rolled 1d100+22 : 81 + 22, total 103


 

Advertisement