HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 10:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350412
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Possible new game  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: Possible new game
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2019, 10:18:25 PM »
Yeah it’s not the worst set of stats I have ever rolled!

Let me re-roll that 15 and 16. I’ll wait for JustX’s answer before re-rolling the 1.

Rolled 1d100 : 2, total 2
Rolled 1d100 : 9, total 9

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2019, 10:19:02 PM »
Um... :rolleyes:

Rolled 1d100 : 63, total 63
Rolled 1d100 : 59, total 59

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2019, 10:47:29 PM »
LOL... Lets hope your roll in the game are better ;)

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2019, 12:03:44 AM »

Hey all,
Saw the game board pop and thought I'd take a peek to see if you have any spots left? If so, what class/race combos do you have so far?
Ciao,Old Man
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 02:22:06 AM »
GB--thanks I thought I looked and didn't see it but we are good now.  With respect to the Dwarven, maybe that could be the Race Friend

Old Man--you are more than welcome to join.  Right now we have a hobbit sleuth, a common man (noble) sleuth, and a warrior monk (race tbd).  So the field is wide open, with the possible exception of a sleuth, but that is up to you.

Barrow--A social status roll of 1 is an outcast = 1 background option and no starting money.  Alternately, a 57 is religious/academic = 5 BOs and starting cash of d20 SP + d100 BP.  The choice is yours, but it might be difficult to justify a warrior monk with outcast, but not impossible.  On the other hand, a warrior monk with a social status of religious/academic makes a lot of sense.  One final thought the City State is like a gold rush town due to the loot brought in by adventurers so prices tend to be higher than normal.  The choice is yours.  Also remember that you can use your lowest 2 roles as primary stats and raise them to 90s.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 02:35:30 AM »
Once the character's have names, I will create journal files in the City State game thread fro your use. Also attached is an Excel file that I use for character generation.  Feel free to use it if you want to.  You will need to clear the existing secondary skills and add your own.  If you add the stat bonuses in the stat blocks on the skill pages they will automatically add to the totals.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2019, 02:45:51 AM »
Barrow--A social status roll of 1 is an outcast = 1 background option and no starting money.  Alternately, a 57 is religious/academic = 5 BOs and starting cash of d20 SP + d100 BP.  The choice is yours, but it might be difficult to justify a warrior monk with outcast, but not impossible.  On the other hand, a warrior monk with a social status of religious/academic makes a lot of sense.  One final thought the City State is like a gold rush town due to the loot brought in by adventurers so prices tend to be higher than normal.  The choice is yours.  Also remember that you can use your lowest 2 roles as primary stats and raise them to 90s.

Ok, thanks. I’ll think about it for a bit. Religious/Academic does make a lot of sense. I had an idea that maybe he was an Outcast by choice... he’s forsaken all his worldly goods and station as part of his vows. He could have been royalty in his homeland, but here in the City State he is just another beggar. I sort of like the idea of him starting with nothing... but then again, 5BO’s and cold hard cash is tempting too.

So let me sleep on it! :mellow:

Thanks for the reminder about the primary stats. This guy is shaping up to not be so bad!

Edit: I’m thinking Common Man for the race. But not decided yet.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:00:17 AM by Barrow »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2019, 02:59:15 AM »
One other option would be to take reduce the social roll by -10 for a stat gain roll.  If you did this 5 times, it would take you down to a 7 which is a criminal = 2 BO and 1d100 CP + 5 stat gain rolls (for each stat) and you get to re-roll the 1 on the stat.  Now I am thinking Kung Fu the David Carradine series as a background template.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2019, 03:01:31 AM »
Yeah that might work too. Let me give it a little thought. :mellow:

Edit: The David Carradine thing damn near sells it. :D But I’m gonna sleep on it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:18:52 AM by Barrow »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
Well I’ve decided to let the 57 stand as my Social Status Roll. I’ll probably take it down to 7 in exchange for the Stat Increase rolls, but we’ll get to that.

For now, let me re-roll that 1...

Rolled 1d100 : 12, total 12

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »
Good grief. GB I see you smirking... don’t mock me!  :lol:

Less than 20, let me try that again.

Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »
Maybe I should actually roll a d100.  :rolleyes: Sorry for all the posts.

Rolled 1d100 : 25, total 25

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2019, 02:01:51 PM »
JustX, my character’s name will be Tiv Kae Quinn. Now that I have all his stats I’ll wait to post them in his thread.   :yes:

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »
Just X, I looked up in my notes and the Background Options cannot be turned into spell lists - that was a house rule in my games. So feel free to delete them. Can we roll B.O. in the table of RMCo I?
Cheers,
DW

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »
Old Man--you are more than welcome to join.  Right now we have a hobbit sleuth, a common man (noble) sleuth, and a warrior monk (race tbd).  So the field is wide open, with the possible exception of a sleuth, but that is up to you.

OK cool. If I give you some general guidelines (or spam a character folder w rolls) can you whip up a pre-gen?

I am thinking of a Lay Healer (Combat Medic) but with a bent towards a writer/annalist - so perhaps some alternate lists from Warrior Mage and Mentalist if you allow the base 10 lists to be customized.

He's one of the remnants of a nomadic tribe that was scattered by evil forces and has found his way to the City-State to "hang his shingle" as it were and make a new life for himself. He used to live on horseback but is now getting used to the closed confines of city streets and alley-ways.

Likely a defensive fighter (light armor, small shield and sai) when not casting heals and patching the wounded.

Regards,OM
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2019, 09:57:54 PM »
Dalewarrior let me think about that a bit, I might allow BOs to be spent on tutoring that would almost be like a training package, not 6 spell lists but maybe a couple as well as some ranks in staves and runes, and maybe something more.  Otherwise, yes you can use the BO tables in RC I with 2 options for 3 rolls if you are so inclined.

Old Man I can generate a character for you with some rolls.  Re-roll any less than 20, I will also need a social status roll, which will determine starting money and background options, as well as noble status.  I am assuming some type of human for race.  Right off the bat, there are two possible options
  • Atlantian Barbarian--true barbarians from the mountains to the south of the City State.  Families organized by animal totems, while warriors are part of a Lodge.  Pure bloods claim descent from the Chaos Lords--might explain magical powers; although may are druidical in nature.  Some are even psionic.
  • Tharbian  nomads from the plains to the west of the City State.  Have a strong sense of honor and are excellent horsemen.  Throughout history have sieged the City States in this part id thew world, sometimes gathering war bands numbering in the thousands.  Captives are held as slaves.  After the dispersal of the war bands, some settle in cities so not uncommon to find them in cities.
  • Karahkan, The Horse Lords, from the far east--beyond the "known" world. World's best horse archers (think the Huns).  Society is clan based with a strong cast system.
Other options are possible.  Selection will help direct character generation.  You can place rolls here or in the City State thread.

Old eyes font

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2019, 05:38:56 PM »

I’ve looked everywhere for the Martial Arts Companion pdf, but all I’ve found is a blog saying that there is no pdf for it. So it looks like I’m going to have to depend on you for the Martial Arts styles... if you don’t mind.

Oh, the Martial Arts Companion ...
the new ICE couldn't contact the author to revive it.
The only pdf out there is a pirate copy.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
I'll use the rules that you referred, Two background options will permit 3 rolls in the two sections (a total of 3 rolls).

I've used 2 BOs, so that leaves me 9 rolls. Let's see how I do on the Magic section with 6 rolls there and three in the Combat Table.

Rolled 1d100 : 47, total 47
Rolled 1d100 : 71, total 71
Rolled 1d100 : 85, total 85
Rolled 1d100 : 67, total 67
Rolled 1d100 : 88, total 88
Rolled 1d100 : 25, total 25
Rolled 1d100 : 48, total 48
Rolled 1d100 : 79, total 79
Rolled 1d100 : 8, total 8

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2019, 11:33:13 PM »
Magic,
Rolled 1d100 : 47, total 47: 44-52: + 15 to AG modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 71, total 71: + 15 to CO modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 85, total 85: + 15 to EM modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 67, total 67: + 15 to PR modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 88, total 88: + 15 to EM modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 25, total 25: Lore: May learn the Arcane Spell Lists as if they were his base lists.

Arms,
Rolled 1d100 : 48, total 48: + 15 to SD modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 79, total 79: + 15 to CO modification.
Rolled 1d100 : 8, total 8: Friendslayer: Instead of following normal attack spell failure procedure, the attack works on the nearest friend or associate within range.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2019, 01:32:45 AM »

I’ve looked everywhere for the Martial Arts Companion pdf, but all I’ve found is a blog saying that there is no pdf for it. So it looks like I’m going to have to depend on you for the Martial Arts styles... if you don’t mind.

Oh, the Martial Arts Companion ...
the new ICE couldn't contact the author to revive it.
The only pdf out there is a pirate copy.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, Thanks!

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com