HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 12:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349610
  • Total Topics: 7450
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 9
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Episode 1.13: Vengeance, with Interest  (Read 9741 times)

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
Re: Episode 1.13: Vengeance, with Interest
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2019, 03:58:50 AM »
Ally gathers up her weapon and her pride, and moves to cover Kainiss, remaining a respectable distance away.

Meanwhile, Zorana and Garav move down the hallway to join the others.

The Suliban rolls onto her back, trying to catch her breath.

Offline Renny

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
"If she moves, Ally, feel free to shoot her," Cole states blankly, his eyes never moving from the Suliban, "Just so we are clear!"

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
« Reply #562 on: September 09, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
Considering my response.
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2019, 04:13:54 PM »
OOC: Aye.

The Suliban coughs, and acknowledges Cole with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #564 on: September 09, 2019, 11:52:37 PM »
Treyva drew his own weapon and approached the woman. Kneeling beside her, he said, "I don't have a lot of use for you, and I'm fairly certain you know why. As it happens, I also don't have a mandate for you, but I might just get some bonus points for bringing you in...but I don't want to put up with you for any length of time." He paused a moment, then went on. "So we're going to go back to my ship and chat for a little while, and if you cooperate, I won't have to have Dr. Dourap put you into a medically-induced coma for the rest of my mission. Deal?"

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #565 on: September 10, 2019, 01:49:05 AM »
"At this point, a coma would be welcome," she says through another cough. "But...I understand. I'll go with you."

The crew piles into the van with the surprisingly-compliant prisoner in tow and head back to the tanker. She sits on a container crate as Dr. Dourap performs a medical scan.

Meanwhile, Mia tells Treyva, "Did you have any other questions for her beyond the obvious, finding our wayward warmonger's hideout? I could spend months with her asking about her work for the Klingons."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #566 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »
Treyva shook his head. "Beyond asking about the summer house, and what I was discussing with Katarina before we went in...no, not really." He sighed. "You're welcome to talk to her as much as you like, but we don't have anyplace to keep her. What did you have in mind?"

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #567 on: September 11, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
"Nothing. I'm with you; we just don't have any place to put her, and certainly nowhere humane that would keep her from using her natural abilities to escape custody," Mia says with a shrug. "The way she's living now, I think she's actually trying to keep a low profile; call me crazy, but she may no longer be a threat."

The doctor completes his scans and grunts in his porcine way as he reads the results on his tricorder. He walks over to the captain and agent and quietly announces, "She's dying."

Mia's eyes go wide. "Excuse me?"

"Some sort of toxin, the best I can determine; tailored to her distinct genetic structure, and Klingon in origin, if I'm reading the molecular structure right," Dourap says. "Someone gave her an expiration date."

"How long do you have? And can you counter it?" Treyva asks.

"Somewhere from three-to-six months, maybe.; it's difficult to be precise with so little information on her physiology," the doctor explains. "I could write a couple papers on it. As to countering it, of course I could, but it would take time and resources we do not have. Now, once this whole thing is over, she'll probably still be alive and saveable. I could do it then."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #568 on: September 11, 2019, 05:11:45 PM »
Treyva looked at Mia. "I have an idea," he said. "Maybe you can have those long chats with her after all."

He rose and approached Kainiss. "Someone thinks you're a liability," he said. "I have a proposition for you: We find the antidote, and you help us put them out of business. You can be a carefully hidden liability to them for a long time to come."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #569 on: September 11, 2019, 06:10:09 PM »
The Suliban woman scoffs at the offer.

"I've been a liability to a lot of people, especially since the High Command disavowed me after I reported to my superiors about the Starbase 11 incident," she says with more than just a little contempt in her voice as she eyes Sorval, who is spectating nearby. "I was about to go exact my revenge on Schrepfermann and Niro when I got sick."

OOC: FYI, the Starbase 11 incident is now about a year-and-a-half old...

"You're not sick," Dourap says. "You've been poisoned. And it will kill you."

"From what I know of this fellow, he's pretty amazing at developing antidotes and cures," Mia adds. "So, like Treyva says, you help us take down Schrepfermann and Niro and their organization, and the doctor will make sure you live to tell the tale."

OOC: I think a social task is appropriate here. Treyva will make a Presence + Command task at Difficulty 2. (The Difficulty would be 3, but she wants revenge on them, so your goals somewhat align with hers.) Mia will assist with a Presence + Command task of her own.

Mia Presence + Command (14) assist
Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #570 on: September 11, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
Treyva Presence (10) + Command (5) Task
Don't think any of my Talents will help, but Diplomacy Focus might come into play.
Rolled 2d20 : 2, 18, total 20

Be nice....

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #571 on: September 11, 2019, 08:04:12 PM »
OOC: I'm on the fence about Diplomacy applying, but I'll allow it, since you're effectively trying to negotiate her cooperation.

3 Successes vs. Difficulty 2. Success, plus 1 Momentum generated. How do you want to spend it?

Kainiss looks from the doctor, to Mia, and then to Treyva. "You'll let me go after that?"

"Well, not entirely," Mia counters. "You're going to retire. And, once you're healed, we'll move you to a nice, quiet Federation colony where you'll live in relative comfort. Better than the box you're in now, that's for sure."

"You're sentencing me to death by boredom," Kainiss quips.

Mia shrugs. "Either that or death by that toxin and no chance to exact your revenge."

"I see your point. I'll take it."

The former Klingon agent states she has a good deal of information on six records tapes she's hidden in her apartment; it's in a safe coded to her DNA, so she'll need to open it. She details that the tapes hold the location of Schrepfermann's hideout, in the Jouret system, as well as information she's uncovered about the captain's Orion benefactors...everything a discerning intel agent would need to take down the whole operation.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #572 on: September 11, 2019, 08:56:11 PM »
Treyva took a deep breath and let it out in a long, satisfied huff. "Thank you," he said. "Cole, you and Ally beam to her apartment and secure it first; no offense."

"None taken."

Treyva nodded and continued. "Then you and Garav will beam over. You'll hand them the tapes, and then lie low until we return from Jouret."

He got on the intercom. "Garav, Ally, Katya, meet me at the transporter. Cole, you too, as soon as Dourap is finished with your arm."

Offline Renny

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #573 on: September 11, 2019, 11:02:02 PM »
"Aye sir." Cole acknowledges, trying to force a grin at Ally with his teeth still gritted against the pain in his arm.

Offline llashb

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #574 on: September 12, 2019, 02:59:28 AM »
Dourap Says "Some of the colonies are not that dull"

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2019, 05:19:09 AM »
Dourap applies a hypospray to the security officer's arm, and the numbness recedes quickly. The arm is still sore up to his shoulder, but he has full range of motion. The doctor says the soreness should fade within a half-hour or so.

The instructed officers are already assembled at the small transporter alcove near the engineering compartment when Treyva arrives with Cole and Kainiss. The instant Katarina sees the Suliban, anger flashes in her eyes. She takes two steps to intercept the woman, who recoils slightly at the aggressive act before she begins to recognize a familial resemblance to her former employer.

Katarina regards Kainiss from head to toe with a truculent expression clouding her features, the latter raising a questioning eyebrow in response. Then, without any warning, the ensign drove a spirited fist into her rivals face, sending the woman reeling against the opposite bulkhead.

A feral satisfaction shines in Katarina’s eyes as her gaze lingers on the captain for several moments, a smile creeping onto her lips. She then turns and returns to preparing the freighter for liftoff.

The retrieval of Kainiss’ record tapes goes surprisingly smoothly, and Cole, Garav, and Ally return only a few minutes after departure. Soon, the Christopher Robin streaks out of the atmosphere and transits to the edge of the system before going to warp speed and the Jouret system.

The data on the record tapes is extensive. Though she was unable to uncover any names of Schrepfermann’s benefactors, several leads gave her names of what she believed to be close associates. Mia says it wouldn’t take much effort for Triangle Sector Intelligence to follow these leads to their natural conclusion.

The lair itself sits on a secluded plateau about 1,140km ENE of the New Providence Colony on Jouret IV; it’s a palatial modern mansion -- engineered like a starship -- surrounded by 400 acres of grounds (that include a landing pad for Schrepfermann’s yacht). Kainiss discovered the mansion is shielded against attack, comparable to most modern shipboard shields, although she doesn’t believe he maintains any heavy weapons at the facility.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
Never dealt with that point of Momentum. Were we full up?

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »
OOC: You are.

Current
Momentum 6
Threat 11

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2019, 03:56:24 AM »
Blast and damn....

I'll think of something I can do with it ASAP. Can I use it and some from the pool and come up with something that'll help us deal with the SS Schrep's Ego here?

Treyva leaned back, staring at the viewscreen and the known details of the Summer House. He looked first to Sorak, then to Cole. "Any ideas? We're in a tanker, so a frontal assault is clearly out of the question. And he's too smart to just let us walk in upon presentation of a business card."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »
OOC: You mean something like, "There's a Way to Sneak In" or "A Thermal Exhaust Port, Just Below the Main Port"? :) Yes.

"We may have to go overland from New Providence," Mia says. "Although, I wouldn't put it past him to have sensors trained on the perimeter."

Sorval nods in agreement. "We should have an opportunity to use passive sensors from orbit, to see the layout of the estate. If he is running his house like a ship, he won't detect that."

Miruku cocks her head to the side in thought, then turns to Mrs. Tyler. "Mia, do you think he knows of the Christopher Robin?"

"I don't think so; our assets don't show up on the Starfleet register," the agent replies. "He's officially owned by our cover organization, with an NAR number. Unless Mr. Schrepfermann's access goes very deep, we should be nothing more than just another freighter to them."

Advertisement