HOME DOWNLOADS

*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2019, 08:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2727
  • Latest: Remirez
Stats
  • Total Posts: 347521
  • Total Topics: 7437
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 73
Total: 77

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

2

4

6

8

10

12

20

100

1

2

3

4

5

6

8

10

Author Topic: Zariya Savindy's Journal  (Read 1821 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:06 AM »

2 days to the west was how many hours of travel per day? If say 8, then I'd press on into the evening (assuming I was up pretty early) and attempt to reach the settlement. Hopefully there will be clear skies and another moon to light my way.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »
2 days assumes 10-12 hours per day.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:06 PM »

Zariya will keep going until he finds a shelter in the form of a farm or abandoned building or even the village or he feels he is about to fall asleep in the saddle ...
If he is having trouble seeing (such as it is now overcast) - use a dose of Blue Eyes to keep his eye sharp ... Blue Eyes        678           3                  flower/brew                 [size=0pt]3X vision range + infravison (50’) 3 hrs[/size]
 
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2019, 12:08:05 AM »
As you begin to push on, you make it a few miles when something strange catches your eye.  Please provide a perception roll.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2019, 12:12:34 AM »

Squint ... :)
Rolled 1d100+30 : 65 + 30, total 95

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2019, 02:48:35 PM »
There appears to be a large wheel sticking out of the bank of the river.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »
There appears to be a large wheel sticking out of the bank of the river.
As in a mill? Zariya will ride over to investigate (from a comfortable distance)

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2019, 12:54:55 AM »
No not a mill wheel, but a spoked wheel about 6 feet in diameter.  As you get closer you see it is connected to something.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2019, 01:43:07 AM »

Zariya will ride to about 20' away, within infravision range, and look over this wheel and its axle? Or submerged cart/carriage/etc.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »
You see that a carriage partially covered with rock and earth protrudes from the bank of the river.  If unearthed it would look like this



Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
You see that a carriage partially covered with rock and earth protrudes from the bank of the river.  If unearthed it would look like this
Neat. Zariya looks to see if he can see any heat sources in and about the carriage ... creatures hiding in the muck or water or the like.
Rolled 1d100+30 : 90 + 30, total 120

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2019, 01:13:18 AM »
As he checks the visible remains of the carriage he sees no heat signatures, but he does see a door on the top (actually the side but top because of its position).  The interior is not visible from your position, and a good view will likely necessitate the opening of the door.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2019, 01:27:43 AM »

So this carriage is partially buried in earth not the water of the river? Interesting ...
Tie the horse off nearby. Find a rock or stick, climb to the door and rap on it with the rock or stick. If there's no response or noise, try opening the door. Then carefully look inside. Perception roll if needed....
Rolled 1d100+30 : 38 + 30, total 68

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:34 AM »
rapping on the door produces a hollow thud.  When you slide the door mechanism back it sticks momentary like there may be dirt in the mechanism then pops open.  The door lifts away from you and exposes a roomy and plushly upholstered cab with two bench seats facing each other.  The seats once had  purple velvet  cloth covering them; however, this has faded and what is not mud stained now has a more maroon color.  From your angle you also notice that one of the seats is ripped where the upholstery meets the mahogany at the bottom of the bench.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2019, 01:43:09 AM »

If I climbed inside, do I think I could climb back out, given my total lack of athletic prowess of any sort? :)
Or is my scrounged stick long enough to poke around inside to see if I see anything of interest ... Perhaps even herbs growing the dark and dirt ...
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2019, 01:53:15 AM »
despite your general nonathletic nature, you could climb out gain without any problem.  Your stick is long enough to poke around if you only want to poke the side of the seats nearest you.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2019, 01:56:50 AM »

Ok, take a quick look around outside and make sure my horse is secure. Then climb inside and poke about.
Perception and a Scrounging roll, in case you use that instead:
Rolled 1d100+30 : 19 + 30, total 49
Rolled 1d100+20 : 10 + 20, total 30

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2019, 02:15:28 AM »
it is obvious that this was once a very high end carriage.  It probably still retains a fair bit of value if you could dig it out and right it.  The level of comfort and opulence leaves you wondering about the prior owner and how it came to be in such a position.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 2986
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2019, 02:19:32 AM »
While the interior is nice, there is not a lot to poke about unless you mean the seat cushions.  There are curtains that hang over the windows on the interior.  The floor boards are a rich dark wood, as is the supports of the bench seats.  the interior walls appear to once have been covered by leather, which has been chewed/rotted away.


Provide another perception roll.

Online Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 3670
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2019, 11:28:39 PM »

Zariya will tug at the upholstery on either bench to see whether the cloth is salvageable and what sort of padding is underneath. Use his knife to cut it free as needed.

Rolled 1d100+30 : 67 + 30, total 97

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."