HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 05:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 348425
  • Total Topics: 7439
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Zariya Savindy's Journal  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Zariya Savindy's Journal
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »

Zariya bows and blushes for a moment, "Thank you for the compliment and the idea. I'll need a porter to get all this stuff about, so getting a horse will be important. Can you recommend anyone specific in the City? I am always looking for trusted contacts."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2019, 08:30:19 PM »
Sedgwick says, "Oh no, I have never been to that City' I have just heard that there is a large horse market there."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #422 on: June 10, 2019, 01:47:22 AM »

Zariya replies, "No worries, but thank you none the less."

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2019, 02:49:07 AM »
"Do you want to use your horse to transport your gear to the dock?  It will give you a chance to say good bye and I will bring him back." offers Sedgwick.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »

Zariya smiles, "Yes, thank you, that is a great idea and I appreciate the thought."

So we'll so back to the Inn, if needed, otherwise to the docks? In either case, Zariya will have settled his tab, with a 20% tip at each place, before departing.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
OOC:  Old Man I am having a hard time following you... I get returning to the Inn to settle your account now that you have booked transport out of town.  But what is the second establishment you want to tip????

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2019, 01:32:59 AM »
OOC:  Old Man I am having a hard time following you... I get returning to the Inn to settle your account now that you have booked transport out of town.  But what is the second establishment you want to tip? ???
** The stablemaster Sedgwick

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2019, 04:08:37 AM »
Sedgwick accompanies you to your inn where you can settle your tab, a total of 4.2 silver including a 20% tip.  With Sedgwick accompanying you there is no issue re-entering the Elven sector.  As you approach the dock you can pay Sedgwick What you feel you owe, 1 gp for the first week 5 sp for each following week plus whatever tip you wish.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #428 on: June 11, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
Also are you keeping your tack?

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2019, 01:32:15 AM »
** Yes I am. I'll revise my sheet and repost today or tomorrow.
** 1 GP (1 week) + 15 SP (3 add'l weeks) + 5 SP (tip) for an even 3 GP

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34:27 AM »
** Yes I am. I'll revise my sheet and repost today or tomorrow.
** 1 GP (1 week) + 15 SP (3 add'l weeks) + 5 SP (tip) for an even 3 GP

** You meant tack - lol - read it as track ... If there is space on the boat - yes. If not, leave it w Sedgewick.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2019, 01:37:32 AM »

Zariya with money updated. Cash on sheet 1. That total linked to possession purchases on that sheet. With an actual mid-page. Will update possessions soon.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2019, 12:05:30 AM »
That is fine I would ask that you keep gems and jewelry separate from coins.  Likewise the Platinum should be recorded in its own line--probably eliminating TP unless there is an extreme reversal of fate.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2019, 12:26:58 AM »
When you get back to the ship, they are installing your bed.  It appears that this is done by anchoring each leg to the deck/floor with a heavy angled piece of iron.  While you wait, you are told you can pile your belongings on the deck.  After a short while the Captain return and calls some of the crew to the main deck.  She then introduces you to them, "This is our healer Hugh, who you kind of met before.  Stephen is the cook," a human man missing his right hand nods at you, "and Desmond here is our mate and navigator."  The half elf vigorously shakes hour hand and says, "A pleasure to meet you."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:16 PM »

Zariya nods to each of them, trying to memorize faces to match their names, and introduces himself to everyone, "Good day. I am Zariya, last of the Savindy family of horsefolk. I am traveling to learn and find my way. If you need help, you will find I know a bit of healing, herbs, cooking and am pretty good at finding forage. I will gladly help where I can during the voyage."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2019, 11:56:07 PM »
That is fine I would ask that you keep gems and jewelry separate from coins.  Likewise the Platinum should be recorded in its own line--probably eliminating TP unless there is an extreme reversal of fate.

** OK will see if I can figure out an easy way to do that, create the on-going total from which I am subtracting expenses. :)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #436 on: June 14, 2019, 01:02:15 AM »
There is a Gems and Jewelry section right below the Cash Sections.  I was able to copy the text about gems from what you had in possessions into that space.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2019, 02:20:54 AM »
Your quarters are under the forecastle beside the stairs leading up on the starboard side.  The captain tells you that the ship's stores are behind the door at the back of the cabin.  The cabin is approximately 12 feet by 12 feet with a small round window in the right wall.  There is the bed, a table and three chairs.  There is a section of canvas strung across the corner to the left of the door.  It is bunched at the short ends where it is anchored to the wall at each end forming a pouch in the middle.  The captain says she left one hammock for you to experiment with, and if you don't like sleeping there you can use it for storage.  The advantage is that it sways with the ship so things tend not to slide out.

About the time you finish storing your gear, there is a commotion on the deck.  When you exist the cabin you see a number of sailor scurrying about the deck. Some hold ropes that are looped about posts on the dock, trying to hold the ship against the current of the river.  Other haul lines that open the sail and set the tension on the sail.  At the Mate's (Desmond 1/2 Elf) order, those holding the ship release one end of their lines and begin hauling on the other to retrieve the ropes.  As the ship begins to lurch into the channel another order sets the sails and the ship begins to pick up speed.

Soon the shoreline is fading behind you.  You find the fact that you soon will not be able to see land a bit disconcerting.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2019, 11:34:52 AM »

Zariya will take time to ensure his carry-all and other gear are securely stowed. With only his satchel on him, he will venture on to the deck and see how it goes while watching the land disappear, hoping his land legs soon become sea legs.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2019, 02:08:22 AM »
The ship slips smoothly through the waters of the ocean.  As the land slips from slight you find that there is a subtle rhythm to the movement of the ship, not really all that different than that of a horse.  You just need to adjust what parts of yourself to keep loose, but it is not that different.

Advertisement