HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 10:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349610
  • Total Topics: 7450
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 7
Total: 8

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Grobbitt Widebottom Journal  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Re: Grobbitt Widebottom Journal
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »
One beer is 2 coppers.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 01:04:57 AM »
waiting on a perception roll

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 08:20:21 AM »
Perception: +23

Rolled 1d100+23 : 70 + 23, total 93

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 11:49:14 PM »
You notice that two of the Ogres are moving toward the door recently vacated by the Troll as it moves toward that bar.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 06:02:50 AM »
I'm VERY confused. I thought we were all still in the cellar... and that the Troll/barman was down there with us..

I know Grobbit attempted to leave but was stopped from leaving the cellar when the debt was required to be paid.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
Sorry about the confusion.  I had it play out that everyone came up the stairs from the cellar when you decided not to enter the sewers until better prepared.  Only the bouncer Vestose was in the basement with you.

As you troop up the stairs and head for the door Molmat says, "Excuse me but there is the matter of paying for your drinks!  In total that will be 5 nobles and a dragon."  As he says this you notice the the troll moves to block the door.--on:  April 27, 2019, 07:31:59 PM

The door here was the front door, not the basement door.  The Troll had moved to prevent exit from the bar when the bill had not been paid.

So you are at the bar of the common room of the White Wake Inn, and the Troll approaches toward Abdullah rather menacingly.  As Molmatt fumes over your and Abdullah's last exchanges, the bouncer defends his employer and tongue lashes you for you comments. 

Now that you think of it, the comment about the Troll making his own dinner was at the end of a tirade aimed at you and you are standing next to Abdullah. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:15:50 PM by Just X »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »
Perception: +23
Ag Bonus: +10

Rolled 1d100+23 : 99 + 23, total 122
Rolled 1d100+10 : 36 + 10, total 46

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2019, 07:41:00 AM »
OE roll (Perception)

Rolled 1d100+122 : 91 + 122, total 213

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2019, 07:41:20 AM »
:) !

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2019, 12:20:37 AM »
well when everyone else posts we will know what you see with amazing clarity.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2019, 02:42:21 AM »
During your inspection of the wagon you spot no freshly exposed metal surfaces, that would indicate a break.  You do see that the wagon was heavily used and there is wear on all parts, but again nothing that indicates a failure.  The tongue, that part that connects the pulling team to the wagon is missing and the connection point is empty and there is no sign of the pin that would have held the tongue in place.  There is a crater in the manure pile in the wagon, but with everything burned, it is not possible to tell if this was an impact cause by an impact from outside or by an explosion from the inside.  You do notice that there are a couple of smaller kegs in the beer wagon that have survived the impact. 

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2019, 04:52:45 AM »
Would it be standard for such deliveries to contain such kegs... and is there any immediate external indication as to what they contain?

If any of the draymen are still around, Grobbit won't investigate, further.

About how large would the missing pin be? And which direction did they Goblins go?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2019, 01:58:52 AM »
As to would small kegs being shipped with larger ones, you have no idea.  However, you are standing in a puddle of beer, and the kegs bear Dwarvish runes that indicate the name of a brewery in Thunderhold.  You might venture a guess that they contain beer, probably Dwarven.

As to the Draymen--and thank you for expanding my vocabulary--they were surprised to find themselves being drug to the jail too.  So none are watching.  The pin would be a few inches in diameter.  It locked the wagon to the tongue, both were heavy so it was large enough not to fall out and take a fair impact.  It would be a solid wood pin with a wide head at least 4 inches wide and a foot long.  And the Goblins are leading the way into jail in front of the Draymen.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2019, 11:15:32 PM »
Despite your circuitous route, the noble Abdullah follows you, and none to subtly.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
Do you wish to actively try to slip your tail, or confront him directly, or just ignore him and go you way?

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »
I shall disbelieve the now illusionary Abdullah... ;)

Still heading back home by a circuitous route, he'll use his dwarvern contacts to find information and makes acquisitions /purchases (some rope, a lantern, oil, a couple of torches, some pitons and a hammer). I suspect that many of these I could just borrow from Gertha.

He'll also ask around as to where the sewer entrances are, and possibly their layout. Gertha might know..

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2019, 03:51:39 AM »
Greta can provide rope and a lantern with oil readily, pitons and a hammer are a bit harder to come by; however, you can use your contact to acquire them at the normal cost--as opposed to the 120% cost.

Greta tells you that the only official entrances to the sewers are actually the exits, a series of grated pipes that discharge to the Conqueror's River.  within the City the only "official" access to the sewers  is via the 56 inch high inlet set along the curbs of the City's streets.  However, such a complex structure could not have been constructed with out the mean so of some access and egress for the workers.  Rumor has it that there are several homes/businesses within the city that have access to the sewers via trap doors in their basements.

Then she gets very serious and says, "The sewers of this city are not some simple drainage system.  This City was founded on the ruins of many prior civilizations located at this point.  In  addition to draining the stormwater from the city these sewers also provide access to Gods known how many layers of prior civilizations. But beware, despite the allure of burred treasures of prior civilizations, know that the guardians are ancient and not well disposed to visitors that don't fancy themselves dinner.

"If you plan to stick to the surface of the sewers--the upper levels, be advised that these are little safer.  The thieves guild are the undisputed masters of the unobserved, underground passages.  But that is not to say that the Assassin's Guild dos not make use of them as well.  As you may or may not know, the Overlord has employs a force of Amazons to help combat the thieves, believing that the Assassins' Guild it not meeting his expectations for the eradication of the Thieves Guild, without all out war in the street.  Needless to say there are as many skirmishes between the Amazon's and Assassins as there are between the  other two combined against the Thieves.  The long and the short of it is that the sewers at any level are a dangerous place; be especially wary of the alligators the luck mostly submerged waiting to strike.  Use your infravision and seek out their eyes, that are typically the only bit protruding above the water level."

After a bit she adds, "Not only are the Overlords tunnels an conduit under the City; the Goblins have cut many cruder tunnels across the City that crisscross the "Official" sewers in a manner only the Goblins could understand." 

"If you have found an access to the sewers as of yet unknown guard the secret well, as it may one day save your life." after this solemn pronouncement she says , " And here you best take these,"  As she rummages in her pantry she produces a 10 slice loaf of Cram the Dwarven waybread that provides 5 days nutrition per slice, and half a loaf of Alshana (5 Slices) that provide Ifraivison to those with out, for 1 hour and out t 300 feet.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2019, 05:40:56 AM »
He thanks her... takes the food, packages it carefully and puts it in a pack. "Hopefully I'll not be long.." he says trying to be serious, but brave. "This girl who disappeared.. it seems strange.. I cannot quite work out why it should be her ... and from there specifically.... I haven't heard of more people being taken... perhaps she's in some way associated with the thieves or assassins guilds... I hope not. But I can't yet see any  motives.. or the reason why her rescue would attract such a reward." He shrugs.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2019, 12:56:59 AM »
With respect to being followed, the play by post format has messed up the order a bit, but it would seem that your investigation of the wagon and the keg retrieval were more or less simultaneous.  Also Abduhlla had stated that he intend to follow you in his journal when you all were still in the basement of the White Wake.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2019, 06:49:54 AM »
That's not how I read it. Sorry. But I disagree strongly.

I have stated, as Grobbitt, that he wasn't going to be involved with taking any of the kegs (He believes it an illegal action and doesn't want to be caught with what will essentially be stolen goods..), and left immediately.  That is history, whatever, your speculative move's on Abdullah's part or his players actions latterly were after that point are now in the past. Logic, is clear here, he (Abdullah) must have gone back to do that. He cannot be in both places simultaneously and the events, as written would not have allowed him to do both.

Advertisement