HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 05:31:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 2726
  • Latest: TroyDil
Stats
  • Total Posts: 346794
  • Total Topics: 7432
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 20
Total: 22

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: [Act 1, Scene 2] Last Stop Hogwood  (Read 207 times)

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Purple Sash
[Act 1, Scene 2] Last Stop Hogwood
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »
As the sunlight spreads across the rooftops of the sleepy village of Hogwood, the intrepid group of adventurers set out following the trade route Qaron knows all too well.

[1 hour]

[2 hour]

[3 hour] Just about when the town is settling in for their morning breakfast, the group sees a lone figure traveling the roads toward the town. Even from this distance they can tell it is a Greater Mahen of considerable size, riding what appears to be a giant badger.

** You figure you have another hour before you get to the caravan attack site.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: [Act 1, Scene 2] Last Stop Hogwood
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
Ammon

moves to the head of the column, to meet the stranger when they arrive. He won’t draw his weapons or posture aggressively, but he’ll make it a point to let the Mahen see that the party is well-armed.

He’ll look at Red and Dayn, to see if this stranger might be someone known to them.

Offline Ry

• Messenger
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:00:21 PM »

Red shakes his head. "No one I know. Not the sort of thing you see around here. What is he riding?"

Offline DaynT

• Page
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »
Dayn shakes her head and says, "It's no one that I or Ouwr know."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »
Ammon

nods. To Red he says, “It looks to be some sort of badger. But I have never seen the like.”

To the group: “He does not look to mean harm. Let us not give him any reason to feel threatened. Let us keep our weapons sheathed for now,” he recommends.

To Dayn: “You, and Ouwr, stay up front with me please. Some weapons cannot be sheathed,” he says lightly, looking at Ouwr with a slight smile.

Unless something else happens, Ammon will otherwise await the stranger’s arrival and hail him politely when appropriate.

Offline I8flesh2

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:37:16 PM »
"Good day to you!", exclaims the Mahen from a distance.

As you get closer, you can see the creature would be at least 11 feet tall, if he was standing on the ground. On top of the badger, he reaches 15 feet in height. He is leaning against a large two-handed sword, for balance, that looks almost small in his grasp. His clothes, while minimal, are sun bleached. 

Both he and the mount look like they have been in several fights, that they may not have won.

"It is good to see fellow travelers, especially after the scene I just witnessed."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 04:40:08 AM »
Ammon

is relieved that the Mahen does not seem to be hostile. Gods, what a beast, he thinks. I would not relish fighting him with this rabble.

"Good day!" Ammon returns the greeting heartily. He gestures to where his group is preparing breakfast. "Would you like to breakfast with us? And tell your tale? News of the road is always welcome, even if it is not encouraging."

Offline Ry

• Messenger
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 03:15:20 PM »

Red stares at the enormous warrior and the equally enormous badger. He wonders how you could even train a badger to let you ride it, given their temperament.  Are enormous ones more docile, he wonders? Somehow he doubts that.

Realizing he's staring again, he closes his mouth and focuses. Is this warrior alright? It looks like he's been in battle, but is he the worse for it? Does it look like he need a healer's attentions?

Red/Ry

Offline Mollari

• Messenger
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 12:53:18 AM »
Skrawk asked hesitantly, "Before we have a meal, shouldn't we hear what happened?  Then maybe I could take a look from above?"

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 07:13:25 PM »

At the sight and smell of the giant riding beast, Ouwr growls and paces. The badger, perhaps unimpressed, ignores her.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »

At the sight and smell of the giant riding beast, Ouwr growls and paces. The badger, perhaps unimpressed, ignores her.

Jay, one of the town guard, seems similarly fidgety.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
Ammon

notices Jay’s unease, and raises an eyebrow. He catches her eye and gives her a questioning look.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »
Ammon

notices Jay’s unease, and raises an eyebrow. He catches her eye and gives her a questioning look.

It takes a moment but Jay notices Ammon and moves to his side, "I'm sorry ... that thing" meaning the giant badger, "just bothers me ... just shouldn't be." It sounds for a moment she growls under her breath.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
Ammon

nods, unsure what he can do about her concerns. He does not want to provoke the giant rider or the monstrous beast, with an untested band of warriors, and so silently gestures for Jay to remain steady.

Offline I8flesh2

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 09:10:51 PM »
Well, we can definitely eat," the Mahen says with a chortle, laughing at perhaps an inside joke. His wide grin is very unnerving.

The badger hisses. Not something out of fear or anger, but just a noise. The Mahen places his hand on the back of the badgers neck and ruffles its fur, then replies, "No, no, Honey, they want to eat with us."

As you study the Mahen, two things come readily apparent: first, his wounds are not recent. And, while paying closer attention to his battle scars, you can tell, he's not just a big pile of fur. The hair does not grow back in certain areas, along the scars, revealing a very muscular torso beneath. He would be a very formidable opponent, indeed.

The badger lowers its head, and the Mahen dismounts. "Just give the cat some room.... yes, I think it's feral, too. I'm sure we will be alright... just give it a wide berth."

"Sorry about that, Honey can get a little touchy at times."

The Mahen takes a pack from the rear of the badger and starts taking out food as he describes the caravan scene. "About an hour south of here there looks to be the remnants of a small caravan that looks like it was attacked by a number of Orcs. You can tell by the footprints, and there were a lot of them. There were several bodies. I would hate to have been the one in charge of that carnage."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:01:05 PM by I8flesh2 »

Offline Ry

• Messenger
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 01:07:16 AM »

Red shrugs, and steps to the side of the road and slips his own pack off. He opens it up, and pulls out some bread and cheese. The Mahen is clearly an experienced warrior, but Red didn't see any cause for disagreement. He wondered why the warrior was here, but Hogwood did see all kinds. Hopefully, he'd know something more about the orcs.

"I get tired of dried apples, but I did bring extra figuring others might not be. Anybody want some? How about you stranger? Dried apple for you or Honey? I'm Red, by the way."

Red/Ry

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
Ammon

listens attentively to the Mahen’s report. When it’s appropriate to do so, he’ll
ask:

“Were there any survivors from the caravan?”
“Did you see which way the orcs went?”

And... as a pleasantry later...

“Where are you bound?”

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 01:53:47 AM »
Arc

Arc listens to the conversation exchanged between the Mahen and Ammon, looking for information about the Orcs.

Offline I8flesh2

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
"I don't know about any survivors, I assume there would be about a dozen or so, considering the tracks heading toward town. The Orcs probably had ten times that many. They are heading roughly South East. Even an inexperienced tracker could follow them. They are a lot of them and are traveling at speed, not even trying to be stealthy about it."

"Mmmm... yes, apples, I haven't had those in years." He takes a few, you can see he has to concentrate when doing anything as delicate as taking a few. He absently tosses one over his head and the badger raises up and snatches it in midair.

"The name is Gorrmun, and the badger behind me is Honey. We are on our way to Hogwood. Where are you traveling to?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 05:05:18 PM by I8flesh2 »

Offline Ry

• Messenger
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:12:25 PM »

Red chews on the bread and cheese and watches giant badger with interest, before asking Gorrmun,

"So no idea what has the orcs stirred up and in such a hurry? Seems strange to me, but then I don't know much about orcs, so maybe they do this sort of thing."

Red/Ry

Advertisement