Author Topic: [Act 1 Scene 3] Last Stop Hogwood  (Read 3084 times)

Offline DaynT

• Messenger
Re: [Act 1 Scene 3] Last Stop Hogwood
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
Dayn,
"I know we may have to kill it; but please let Ouwr try to knock the bear down first and does anyone have a detect magic or cure disease in animal ability? If we don't have any of that then please let's try to make it quick and then lets see if we can find the bear cubs and see if they have the same problem. Thanks."

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
**Not sure where skrawk is, but he's clearly the person for this.

"I'll try a sleep spell. I don't have much of a shot though."

Red will attempt the sleep spell, knowing it's mostly futile, but at least he's out of the way of the bear's wrath.

Offline DaynT

• Messenger
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »
"Thanks for giving this a try, Red."
Dayn signals Ouwr to hold off on pouncing on the bear to see if the sleep spell works first.

Offline Mollari

• Knight Errant
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »
**Not sure where skrawk is, but he's clearly the person for this.

"I'll try a sleep spell. I don't have much of a shot though."

Red will attempt the sleep spell, knowing it's mostly futile, but at least he's out of the way of the bear's wrath.

Skrawk swoops down from flying overhead.  "What's going on?  I see the bear, and I heard my name mentioned.  I certainly don't have sleep spells!  Do you want me to look for its den?"

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2019, 06:28:03 AM »
Red speaks quickly, keeping the bear in sight.

"Skrawk, There is something very wrong with it. It's sick or cursed, though I I think cursed with those strange eyes.  Can you tell what is going on here? My studies didn't cover this kind of thing.

It has not yet attacked us, My sleep spell is mostly ineffective against bears and more direct assaults are likely to provoke it.  It seems very unnaturally intent on eating the remains of that man. Bears will scavenge, but they'd never pass through a group of men to do so. And Dayn said it had 2 cubs. She wouldn't leave them or bring them near us."

Red leaves hanging the thought that whatever is wrong with that bear may well be connected to the problem with the orcs.

Offline Mollari

• Knight Errant
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2019, 11:36:53 PM »
Skrawk responds, "Cursed, I can't help with.  Sick?  Er, maybe.  I have some healing, and I can neutralize some poisons, things like that.  Would it be worth casting Detect Magic first, to see if that's an aspect of the problem?"

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2019, 03:02:24 AM »

"You tell me. I have no idea what's going on here." Red shrugs, but points at the bear's glowing eyes. "But that is definitely NOT normal."

Red/Ry

Offline Mollari

• Knight Errant
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2019, 03:52:56 AM »

"You tell me. I have no idea what's going on here." Red shrugs, but points at the bear's glowing eyes. "But that is definitely NOT normal."

Red/Ry

Skrawk makes the equivalent of an avian shrug and says, "I tell you?  OK, I tell you that I will detect magic, and then will consider a healing spell.  Though I don't believe any spell *I* know will get rid of glowing eyes..."

Skrawk then goes aloft, circles to the far side of the beast (so that if it charges toward hir, the bear will have its back to the party), and casts Detect Magic.

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »
  Please make a roll in your personal thread.

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2019, 12:56:01 AM »
As Skrawk leaps into the air and circles around the bear to prepare, Red starts preparations of his own.

The rest of you wait to see what becomes of the manipulation of mana, both divine and mundane. Ammon with the same bewildered look upon his face as he has since the bear's appearance.

Except for Arc, whom rushes forward and either doesn't want to step in the entrails now being pulled apart, or afraid to get too close to the business end of the bear, as he takes a swipe at her with his hammer.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your view, he misses terribly. The bear who originally might have thought you were here for a free meal as well, now probably views you as a potential threat, and let's you know she doesn't appreciate it by standing on her hind legs and growling at you. If you failed to notice the unnatural pinkish glow of her eyes, you certainly notice them now, as they grow more intense.

Meanwhile, Qaron, hiding at the back of the group, has taken out his lute and is hoping to soothe the savage beast by playing music.

(Actions and initiative please. Spells will go off at the start of next round)

Offline DaynT

• Messenger
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2019, 08:02:42 PM »
Dayn:
Knocks an arrow to her bow; but moves out of the direct path of the bear.
Ouwr:
Pounces on the bear from an angle if possible, she attempts to knock it down.

Offline Mollari

• Knight Errant
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2019, 12:15:26 PM »
Ammon

nods at Skrawk. “Aye, that’s a good plan. Let us know what you see.”

Skrawk casts his spell from behind the bear, and then calls out, "This thing is, well, awash with magic.  I don't see how my weak healing is going to do anything about it.  I could try to neutralize any poison in it, but I've never heard of poisons that create such thaumatrgic fields..."

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2019, 05:25:36 AM »
** Sorry for the delay in the action, we have a brief pause while we are dealing with one character's actions that may have grave consequences.

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2019, 07:42:10 PM »
The bear stands on its hind legs, to bring its full weight down upon Arc.

Essence swirls out from Red's hand, and strikes the bear full on, and for a moment you think the mighty bear will topple. The bear loses her footing and falls back to all fours, while Arc takes this opportunity to move back. Her eyes roll back in her head briefly, before her eyes regain their focus, and charges at Arc.

The bear takes a swipe at the fighter, who tries to dodge under the mighty paw, but the bear is too quick. The bear's claw tears into his flesh, there is a spray of blood, followed by a sickening thud as Arc's body falls to the ground before the bear.

Actions?

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2019, 01:10:23 AM »

"'shiznit'!" Red shouts when the bear takes his comrade down.

Red begins to speak words of power, his left hand begins to glow with a ghostly red fire that plays up along his arm.

(Red firebolts the bear)

Offline DaynT

• Messenger
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »
Dayn fires her arrow at the bear and Ouwr continues his attempt to knock down the bear.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
NPCs:

Jay moves to attack the bear while Harl moves to drag Arc out of the way.

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »

** Rough round 2 start map (figure the bear threw Arc to the ground at Jay's feet. Skrawk's position (flying) approx as he's moving. Ammon and Quaron didn't move. Hari and Jay did

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Mollari

• Knight Errant
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »

** Rough round 2 start map (figure the bear threw Arc to the ground at Jay's feet. Skrawk's position (flying) approx as he's moving. Ammon and Quaron didn't move. Hari and Jay did

Skrawk pulls out his heavy crossbow, loads, and fires from about 30 feet away (mostly above).

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2019, 10:05:24 PM »
The grisly death of their comrade seems to have awaken the group as a whole.

The air all around is drawn toward Red, as he traces mystic symbols that glow and then flicker out.

Skrawk rides the currents, as he takes out his crossbow to load a bolt.

Hari moves to defend the body of her fallen friend, as Ouwr leaps onto the bear's back, hoping to pin it.

The bear merely shrugs off the Panther, undaunted by the attack and not even remotely cautious of another predator present, the bear goes to take a bite out of the new corpse, but Hari is able to fend off the attack.

DaynT lets loose her arrow, but it glances off the bear's side unable to penetrate the hide. 

The bear, easily outnumbered, still presses its attack, raising its claw high above the Hani, ready to claim a second victim.

Even though it's midday you could swear the sun is somehow brighter, and you all feel the rush and hear the flames as they explode from Red's outstretched hand.

You all blink from the intensity of the light, and when you reopen your eyes, where once stood a majestic bear, now lies the charred remains of the beast, split open and blackened.

Actions?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk