HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 10:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350440
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: The White Wake Inn--it all begins  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
The White Wake Inn--it all begins
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »
Grobbitt (Hobbit) sits at the bar and attempts to strike up conversation withe inn keeper.  Not far away sits a nondescript man--medium height, lean build, short cropped hair, tanned skin--in a brown robe tie with a simple rope, who seems a bit drunk, clutching his beer.  There  is a group of boisterous pirates gathered around a large table drinking and singing.  About a dozen students talk in groups of 2-3 at the far end of the bar and around several other table.

Grobbitt tries to make small talk but the bar tender in a filthy apron continues to wipe at mugs with an equally filthy rag and hags his head low with no obvious interest in chatting.  However, the hobbit is undeterred and presses on long after most would have given up.  Eventually, Grobbitt flat out asks about what happened here last week?

The barkeep looks up and the floodgates open, "Of course your heard about that--everyone has!  Everyone knows that the poor girl was taken from my bar and that despite my best efforts to keep everyone safe, no one is.  Who the hell will want to visit the White Wake of they don't feel safe!  Hell, even my reward of 50 Sovereigns hasn't produces so much a  sound lead as to the girls whereabouts.   Mark my words this is the end of my business, I doubt I will be open this time next month.  Earlier today I heard it said that there is a ghost haunting the bar and it took the girl as its bride.  Soon the stories will grow so outrageous that even the Ogres will stop visiting.  I'm doomed!"  He then lets out a loud sigh and hangs his head low again.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Re: The White Wake Inn--it all begins
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:38:00 AM »
Grobbitt

"Maybe, maybe not... the paying public are a fickle lot. Did you know the girl personally?.. and.." He looks around to see if anyone is watching them directly, then leans in closer.

"...if no-ones received a ransom, perhaps the lass has simply absconded with a suitor? Who knows, I'd be willing to help, I'm at a loose end.. and I can keep my ear to the ground a little easier than most.. tell me more" he says with a smile.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »
Bug

enters the White Wake Inn.

He wears the normal clothes of a normal man in the color of often washed linen.
Well shaven he looks young with his ash blond hair, blue eyes and an average face.
He is a little bit shorter than the average man, but he moves strongly and dexterously.

Bug looks around:
There is the inn owner with one of the small folks.
He recognizes the singing pirates and smiles, but he shakes it off and turns to the bar ...

edit: typo
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:17:43 PM by Dax »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
The bar keep looks up at the Hobbit but then moves to a spot about halfway down the bar where the new arrival takes a spot.  He looks to the new guest (Bug) and asks, "What will you have?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:23:56 PM by Just X »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 04:11:27 PM »
Quinn

listens to the barkeep and the hobbit intently, but does not focus on them, instead looking drunkely at his beer, and occasionally around the room vacantly.

At the mention of soveriegns and ghosts, his ears perk up. “At least a hundred sovereigns to catch a ghost, brother,” he says loudly, to no one in particular, drunkenly slurring his words.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 10:43:32 PM »

** Is this bar in Bulash?
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »
Bug

smiles: "I take a light beer. And some information to help this girl find her way home."

He turns his head looking for the person who mentioned hundred sovereigns for a ghost.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Quinn

sees Bug’s look and raises his mug to the young man drunkenly. “A hundred soveriegns,” he repeats, like a drunk pleased to have found an audience.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 05:43:00 PM »
The bartender grabs a mug and fills it with beer.  As he does so, the door opens and a dapper young man enters (Abdullah), looking around to get a sense of the place.  The bartender places the beer in front of the man clad in linen, and says to the Hobbit, “You might be right I have seen more new faces in the past hour than I have all week!   And now I have 2 of you asking about the girl in hopes of gaining my reward!  Well I can tell you this, I did not know her personally—like a lowly barkeep would be hobnobbing with a Senator’s daughter.  She and her rich friends...” he looks up to Abdullah and adds, “No offense.  ...came in slumming the weekend last.  She showing off herself in that pretty red dress.  And no I don’t think she ran off with a suitor, as she was with friends and they all seemed concerned about her disappearance.”

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 02:11:49 AM »
OOC: Sorry I thought this was in this thread already

As you survey the bar area, you notice that many of the patrons appear to be an odd mix of students and pirates and a few ogres.  The peace is kept by a very capable looking human with a fine long sword, and a particularly ugly troll.  At the first sign of any violence, even a scuffle the offenders are quickly and non to gently shown the door.  There are 23 patrons, three are ogres, one is solitary and two in a pair.  There are 8 pirates, who are  keeping mainly to themselves, and singing drinking songs.  The rest appear to be students; however, you do notice that one seems to be keeping more to himself and nursing his beer.  The rest are in pairs of groups of three and talking happily about their school life and the upcoming festival.
[/size]

The man behind the bar is a dark and greasy fellow with an apron that sports a rainbow of stains all on a backdrop of brown dirt.  The rag he is using to clean glasses, makes you wonder if he is applying or trying to remove dirt. The fellow seems dejected and is not talkative.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
Bug

examines the hobbit.
Is it a good idea to pair with him?

He stands up and goes over to him:
"I'm Bug, .... just Bug .... like the insect.
It seems we share the same goal ...
I'm OK with a share."

Bug stands there waiting for an invitation.
(The only weapon he is carrying is a dagger, there is no armor.)

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 01:52:22 PM »
Grobbit

"Well, hello...Bug. I'm Grobbit Widebottom. I'm always happy to work with people. Especially when there is a mutual agreement.. to share the any of the proceeds. It seems as if this search may turn into a rescue mission.... though I suspect we may need to share with more than just two. After all, those who may have taken this girl obviously know her value.. such is the rewards for her recovery..."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 04:54:42 PM »
Quinn

listens to the hobbit and Bug, satisfied. We have a shared goal. I will keep my eye on them and perhaps introduce myself, when the time is right.

For now, though, he maintains his drunken appearance. He collects his drink and shuffles unsteadily over to the student sitting alone.

“It is bad luck to drink alone my good man,” he says with a little slur. “May I join you?”

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »
OOC:  that student drinking alone was you--from the description of the bar I lifted from Grobbitt's thread.

IC:  The student looks up and says, "You look familiar, do I know you?  You may join me but I do not drink alone, my friend just stepped out to the jakes."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2019, 06:42:55 PM »
(OOC: Oops, sorry. Thought it was an NPC. On another note, Aare these students of the monestary Quinn was just kicked out of? Does Quinn recognize this man?)

Quinn

smiles and takes the offered seat wordlessly.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »
OOC:  yes the students are all from the School of Ancient Knowledge--the White Wake is a preferred hang-out (think student union building) as it is very close and until now it has been safe.  Roll a d100+Me to see if you remember this guy.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »
OOC: Looks like his ME bonus is zero.

Rolling 1d100

Rolled 1d100 : 92, total 92

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
You recognize him form your geography class and a few others, but with several hundred students you will need another roll to member his name.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »
Quinn

sets down his beer. “Geography. You sat in the third row.”

He tries to remember the guy’s name.

======
Memory roll, no bonus

Rolled 1d100 : 5, total 5

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 08:17:37 PM »
Try as he might Quinn just can not remember the name.  Maybe Bob or Dave or Ishgabiblle?