HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 12:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350764
  • Total Topics: 7462
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: The White Wake Inn--it all begins  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: The White Wake Inn--it all begins
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »
Quinn

decides against guessing the other student’s name... though he’s almost certain it’s Ishgabiblle.

“Geography,” he says again, through his cup, sounding just a little drunk. “But I’m sure I’ve seen you in here too.” He leans back in his chair. “Were you in here the other night? With the rats?”

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 10:36:39 PM »
Jeremiah

went to the White Wake Inn, and looked for the Hobbit. He spent some time looking around. Then he said, "My name is Jeremiah Jones, and your dwarfess gave me your contact. I'm also looking for the Senator's daughter and the rats who kidnapped her. Maybe we could pool resources."

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 01:28:35 AM »

The student seems surprised at you question but admits, "Yes, we were here.  That girl came in with her friends--a bunch of rich bitches flaunting the wealth.  They took up the prime spot at the end of the bar and practically blocked off the kitchen. Acting sooo much better than the rest of us, despite most of the students were nobles. The few pirates leered like they wanted to be marooned with he, where she couldn't run away.  I think the four ogres here were repulsed by her sweet perfume. But she teased and damn near exposed her breasts, knowing that the troll would keep us all in line here.  Then the weirdest thing happened, rats began to pour out from the kitchen area, many went to the girl in the red dress, but the rest flooded the bar.  Everyone, even the ogres, got freaked and twitchy, once the first person broke , we all headed for the doors.

"Outside, as everyone took account of where their friends were it became apparent that "She" was missing.  However, friends freaked and screamed for the barkeep to tell them what happened--like it was his job to watch over that bitch.  When he went inside the kitchen slaves were all a twitter with the rat issue but none could account for Her whereabouts.  The slaves did admit to fleeing upstairs when the rats appeared from the basement and everyone else ran outside.

"Are you trying for Molmat's 50 Sovereign reward?!", he asks excitedly.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 01:34:11 AM »
The bartender smiles and says to the Hobbit, "How many friends do you have?  You are the best thing that has happened to my business in the past few days!"  Then he looks to the new comers and says, "What are you drinking?  I have a fine mead."  The last bit directed to Abdullah and Jeremiah.

Edit, clarification
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:51:02 PM by Just X »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 01:59:23 AM »
Quinn

pretends he didn’t hear the student’s final question. He laughs drunkenly, excitedly. “Everyone ran out? Haha that must have been some swarm of rats, to drive drunks from the bar!” He chuckles. “No one stayed?”

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
The student begins to say, "Well maybe the kitchen slaves, but...." Just then his friend returns and asks, "Who is this?"

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Quinn

doesn’t like the newcomer’s tone. He drops his glassy, drunken look.

“I am Tiv Kae Quinn,” he says clearly.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »
The student's friend shoves out his hand and says, "Hi I'm Jack.  What were you talking about?"

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
Bug

nods to the newcomer and sits back.
He looks over to the pirates and sighs.

And he listens to the conversation at the student's table. *

___
* In case needed
Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 36 + 20, total 56

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »
The other students are talking about classes, teachers and the up coming festival.  Then the original Student says, "As I was saying the kitchen slaves may have stayed behind, the when the girls started screaming and heading for the door shoving people out of their way, everyone panicked and ran for the door.  Vestose and Harlik had their hands full just trying to maintain some semblance of order and stop the shoving." Then Jack adds, "Last I saw Molmat he had a giant axe but was looking for a foe and found none."

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 09:15:26 PM »
Quinn

relaxes when he sees that Jack means no harm, and shakes his hand.

He listens to the rest of the nameless student’s story. “Very strange. But where did the rats go? Did they disperse into the streets?”

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »
Both the boys look at each other kind of surprised and then say in unison, "No!?!"

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 11:58:33 PM »
Jeremiah

reminisces what he knows about were-rats and rats in general in this city; and whether there are any temples associated with them.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2019, 03:54:56 AM »
He recalls that rats are rampant in the poorer sections of most urban areas and this city is no different.  However, he has never heard of rats attacking a large group of people.  He has little doubt that were-rats exist.  While they may walk the streets in human form, general sensibilities would be offended if a were-rat were to stroll around in man-rat form.  Such actions would attack unwanted attention and almost certainly attacks by those meaning well.  You also remember hearing about Ongki, a 2 foot rat shaped creature with 4 legs and 2 small human like arms.  they have white fur and can generate a powerful electrical attack.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 07:57:24 AM »
Jeremiah

reminds himself whether there are Ongki rats in town. Another avenue of investigation would be to talk with the friends of the Senator's daughter.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »
... " ... and the rats who kidnapped her. ... "

Bug

"Oh, sorry, I was distracted.
I'm Bug ...  just Bug ... like the insect."

He adds after a short moment in a low voice:
"Did I understand this right: 
Rats have kidnapped the daughter?
I thought they meant some criminal elements.

Or isn't it that she was abducted while the rats flooded the inn?
So we might look for a sorcerer or a witch."

It is obvious that Bug doesn't mind to pool resources.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 01:36:16 PM »
Grobbit

Lost in thought for a moment, he looks up and replies to Jeremiah. "Certainly, it seems if this task maybe greater than a mere one or two of us may accomplish alone..."

He pauses overhearing talk of Rats.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 02:08:52 PM »
@ Jeremiah yes Ongki live in the city mostly in the sewers.

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 03:29:49 PM »
Both the boys look at each other kind of surprised and then say in unison, "No!?!"

Quinn

acting drunk again, staggers to his feet. He brandishes his empty mug theatrically. “Excuse me... I’m dry.  nice to meet you gentlemen,” he says in a slurred drunken voice.

He staggers over to the bar next to Bug, Grobbit, Abdullah, and Jeremiah, as if he were going to order another drink.

“The rats came from below the kitchen,” he offers, unasked, his voice still slurring drunkenly. “I suspect they returned there, too. It might be a good place to start.” He orders another beer when the barkeep looks his way. “You might like to have a word with the kitchen staff too. Sound like they were inside theoughout the incident.”

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »
Jeremiah

has a word with the barkeeper, whether they could talk to the kitchen staff about the disappearance of the girl.

Advertisement