HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 12:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 349610
  • Total Topics: 7450
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: [Act 1, Scene 6] Revisiting the Scene  (Read 58 times)

Offline I8flesh2

• Knight of the Round Table
[Act 1, Scene 6] Revisiting the Scene
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »
** If you wish to play more in character, feel free, there is plenty of time on the trip to the site.

Ammon steps forward, “you are most welcome to accompany us.

But, we should get started if we are leaving today.”

With that, you pack up what gear you are bringing along and start out.

The journey takes but a few hours and is uneventful save for a group of dark clouds that seem to hover over the site.

Once you arrive, you dismount, and take a look around. The remnants of the caravan wagon have been stripped clean. The graves of the fallen look undisturbed, thank the gods. And, the carcass of the bear has started to decompose.

Actions?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:49:28 AM by I8flesh2 »

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
Re: [Act 1, Scene 6] Revisiting the Scene
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »

"Ok. From here, I think it will be pretty easy for Dayn and I to track back towards the Orcs origins. I need to find the center of this earthnode, and see if we can figure out why it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Hopefully, we can do that without ending up affected ourselves.

Skrawk, now I think, would be the time for us to take you up on that offer of aerial recon. I'm hoping we don't have an entire forest full of killer animals, but if you can scout a bit a head of our path to make sure you don't see any great threats as we move. Frankly anything that strikes you as strange is probably worth mentioning.

Dayn, You're a bit better at tracking than me anyway, not that the trail of an entire hive of orcs is hard to follow, but I'd appreciate if you'd take point. I may need to keep zoning out a bit to see if I can confirm we're heading in the right direction. It's my guess that the source of the problem and the Orc's old hive are the same, or at least very close, but that could be wrong. I'd rather not waste hours heading in the wrong direction.

For the rest, I hope you'll keep ranged weapons at the ready. If an animal approaches, I think we have to presume it's sick and dangerous. There really isn't much in these woods that won't flee from a group of people, so if it isn't fleeing, something isn't right. Best to just shoot it.

I hope nobody minds if I'm a bit bossy here, but at the moment, I think I'm the best Hogwood has to offer in figuring this out. I'd like to do that without anybody getting killed, the Orcs going home and all of us getting the Gold that was on offer.

Ok?"

Red looks around to see if anybody has anything to say.

Red/Ry

**It was a several hour walk here, so anybody who wants to add some roleplay/character stuff along the way, be my guest. Happy to build off my last post too.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:12:14 PM »

** Will pass this along to Heleen for a reply to both threads.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Mollari

• Banner Bearer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 12:23:05 AM »

"Ok. From here, I think it will be pretty easy for Dayn and I to track back towards the Orcs origins. I need to find the center of this earthnode, and see if we can figure out why it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Hopefully, we can do that without ending up affected ourselves.

Skrawk, now I think, would be the time for us to take you up on that offer of aerial recon. I'm hoping we don't have an entire forest full of killer animals, but if you can scout a bit a head of our path to make sure you don't see any great threats as we move. Frankly anything that strikes you as strange is probably worth mentioning.

I hope nobody minds if I'm a bit bossy here, but at the moment, I think I'm the best Hogwood has to offer in figuring this out. I'd like to do that without anybody getting killed, the Orcs going home and all of us getting the Gold that was on offer.

Ok?"

Red looks around to see if anybody has anything to say.

***Sorry for the tardy response; I've been on a no-electronics vacation this past week.  I'm back, though!***

Skrawk has *no* objection to Red being bossy; Red's proven to be a competent "leader" so far -- after all, Skrawk is not only alive, but unharmed!  Skrawk readily agrees to head up and around -- starting in a circle of a few hundred meters, and gradually expanding the radius.  Height will be a hundred meters or so.  He'll stay up unless something comes to his attention; he'll scope whatever it is of interest without getting too close, then report back to the party.

Skrawk/Rob

Offline Opale

• Messenger
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:17:28 AM »
*** Sorry also for my tardy response; I had been sick for the past few days.***

Lorelei is just joining the group, and will adjust her behavior on her cousin, since she got just "invited" in this fellowship. For now at least.

She listens to the instructions intently, while looking down at her soft leathery boots, and a dozen of thoughts pass through her mind, wondering about this threat that is described.

"No objections on my part. I'll adapt myself to your fellowship and the situation. How may I be useful ?"

Lorelei

Offline Ry

• Knight Errant
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:17:19 AM »

"Well, I hope we won't need your skills with weapons, but I think that's probably a vain hope. Keep an eye out. It sounds strange, but be careful of any wildlife acting strangely. If this ethereal poisoning is wide spread we might have a lot of animals that wouldn't normally attack us. It sounds funny, perhaps, to get attacked by a squirrel and it probably wouldn't kill you, but the infection might be another matter.

So, If it is acting aggressively, presume hostile and shoot it. I'd rather they not get within biting distance."

Red/Ry

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:47:18 PM »
Dayn, You're a bit better at tracking than me anyway, not that the trail of an entire hive of orcs is hard to follow, but I'd appreciate if you'd take point. I may need to keep zoning out a bit to see if I can confirm we're heading in the right direction. It's my guess that the source of the problem and the Orc's old hive are the same, or at least very close, but that could be wrong. I'd rather not waste hours heading in the wrong direction.
Dayn(** Who, for Opale, is a local huntress who you've known for years. She is human, tallish, long-red hair, bright green eyes, agile and strong. She wears light rigid leather armor (in a mesh of scales to enable stealth), sabre at her hip, her preferred weapon, a long bow in hand, and her companion Ouwr, a Jaguar, at her side.)
Nods, and moves head to take the point and backtrack the trail.
(Tracking and Perception)
Rolled 1d100+31 : 36 + 31, total 67
Rolled 1d100+31 : 46 + 31, total 77

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 06:47:46 PM »

** Meh this forum and Firefox eat my carriage return/line feeds ...

RPGNow.com