Author Topic: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails  (Read 1135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 02:01:15 PM »
** so, three watches? Who is on each watch?

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »
Skrawk asks for the first watch.  "It's better for me if my sleep isn't interrupted..."

Skrawk/Rob

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4404
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 12:50:51 AM »
Ammon does thusly:
1st watch
Skrawk
Jay

2nd watch
Ammon
Patches

3rd watch
Dayn
Tera

** leaving out ->
LoreleiRed
Qaron

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 03:01:00 AM »
Skrawk will check with Jay: "I'll be alternating quiet observation on the ground with gliding around just above tree level, OK?"

Skrawk/Rob

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »
**  Patches, Dayn, and Skrawk, please give us a Stamina roll. d100 plus your stamina bonus.

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
Rolled 1d100 : 53, total 53


Skrawk/Rob

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:21 PM »
What's the Stamina bonus?  Endurance?  Constitution?

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4404
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 10:37:29 PM »
Dayn(did you mean Resistance-Stamina skill?)
Rolled 1d100+35 : 13 + 35, total 48

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »
Exactly; that's what I was guessing -- the Stamina Resistance Roll?

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2019, 04:12:03 PM »
** I actually meant it to be a SD roll, but as you will see it didn’t really matter.

The night passes quietly and without incident (other than Ammon having to wake Patches on occasion). The new dawn breaks over the mountains and all is quiet. Not a single noise, no morning dove, no chittering chipmunk; in fact, since getting close to the Orc encampment, you have not seen or heard any animals.


Actions? How are you proceeding to the encampment?

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 139
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2019, 04:22:21 PM »
Skrawk suggests he do a preliminary overflight, then report back.  He'll maintain air cover assuming the others want to advance to the camp.

Skrawk/Rob

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4404
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2019, 11:10:26 PM »
Ammon

Asks Dayn is she'd be willing to look for a safe path into the hive while Skrawk scouts overhead.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4404
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »
Dayn

Replies, "Yes, I can do that. I will scout the woods ahead, mark a path if one can be found, and return here."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2019, 06:07:06 PM »
As the rest of you lean up from breakfast, Dayn heads out toward the encampment with Skrawk taking to the skies above her.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2019, 12:26:48 AM »
** while Dayn and Skrawk investigate the encampment, what are the rest of you doing?

Qaron starts strumming his lute, but it is obvious that he isn’t really playing anything, but rather doing it out of nervous habit.

Red has been out of sorts this entire trip. He goes from one thing to the next, and then back again. Currently, he is looking through a manuscript of some age, muttering to himself, “I know I’ve seen it in here before.”

The guards are taking turns patrolling the immediate area and watching you back, perhaps a little miffed that Patches was able to get this close without any warning.

Offline Biereman

  • Page
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:25 AM »
Patches is packing up what little belongings he brought with him.  While doing so he's giving himself a bit of a pep talk to help him prepare for the upcoming journey.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2019, 02:15:21 AM »
** what is Lorelei doing?

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
The morning passes quietly, as you watch Solaris (the sun god) chase after Nabia (the moon goddess).

Tera and Jay forage in the nearby wood, gathering sustenance to feed the party, but keeping a watchful eye on the path so nobody can sneak up on the group again.

Red spends the morning reading through a small 20-30 page book, and when finished he rereads it, hoping to gain some knowledge he hasn’t already gleaned from the passage the first twenty times he read it.

“How can anyone study with that infernal noise?!? What is that?!?,” he screams abruptly.

The rest of you stare at each other in bewilderment for a moment before you hear it as well.

Thwapt... thwapt... thwapt...

Softly at first, and then gradually louder.

THWAPT... THWAPT... THWAPT...

And, then you learn what is making the sound as a creature lands in the nearby clearing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roc_(mythology)#/media/File%3AEdward_Julius_Detmold49.jpg

It does not land gracefully, more like it crash lands in the clearing. From the looks of it, it is quite ancient.

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4404
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2020, 02:48:06 AM »

The ladies (Tera and Jay) scramble for their weapons and take up a defensive formation, back to back.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 926
Re: [Act 1, Scene 7] Happy Trails
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
The creature watches each of you, but is breathing heavy and doesn’t look like it can muster up the strength to take flight again quickly. It’s labored breathing is interrupted as an old man riding a horse thunders past without looking back and not caring at all about your presence.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk