HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 10:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 350412
  • Total Topics: 7460
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Solo Cthulhu Game?  (Read 119 times)

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Solo Cthulhu Game?
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:09:20 PM »
I’ve been thinking about running a Call of Cthulhu game, for ONE player. Probably 6th Ed, but I also have the pdf for 7th.

The general idea here is to follow one character’s life... from “innocence,” to encountering the Mythos, and along the path towards their inevitable fate... whatever that may be.

As the player... you’d have extensive latitude with your character. Roman centurion, debutante antiquarian, Indiana Jones, frail librarian... or whatever you come up with. We can discuss the era too. I’m best prepared for a “traditional” setting of the early 20-th century, but I’m willing to adapt.

So I’m looking for one player who’s not afraid of the dark... any takers?

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Re: Solo Cthulhu Game?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 09:30:32 PM »
Haha no one? Here’s a couple of ideas to get things moving...

1. You’re a wounded soldier in a field hospital, near Verdun in WWI. But something is happening to the other soldiers in your tent at night. Can you figure out what is happening? Or will you be next?

2. You’re a professional thief. You’ve been hired by an odd patron to steal a certain book from a private residence. The book seems to be over-protected... and it’s eerily cold to the touch. Do you open it? Or do you finish the job... the odd patron has let slip that they’re building a library, after all, and there is much more work for you in the future.

3. You’re involved in organized crime... hitman, attorney, capo. You’re running rum off the coast during Prohibition, and the old abandoned house is perfect for your operation. But is it haunted? Why do you keep hearing the faint cry of a baby, in the still of the night?

4. You’re a freshman at Miskatonic University. Things can go in any direction from here... fall down a rabbit-holes of forbidden literature! Join an ill-fated expedition! Try just to graduate while weird sh!t happens all around you and your friends go mad!

5. Insert your idea here.

Give it some thought! Thanks for reading.